shortcut buttons inactive on app start

2024-05-29 07:31:48 - last edited 2024-05-31 13:16:42
Model: Tapo P110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 B230905 R152200

I have some smart plugs P110 controlled with the app¹. For three of them there are shortcut buttons on the home screen of the app, implemented via "Intelligent/shortcuts/quick control"². They work good, besides one flaw:

After not using the app for a while, when starting it, the shortcut buttons are greyed out and cannot be used. This can be "fixed" immediately by leaving the app (changing to some other app or to smartphone home screen) and re-entering directly after. Then the buttons are avaliable and functional … until I haven't opened the app for a longer time. Then behaviour as described with inactive buttons on first start.

Is this a known bug and what is necessary to have it fixed?

tnx

Philipp

¹ Android 14, Google Pixel 7

² (German Version of the app, did translation myself)

Options
2 Reply
Re:shortcut buttons inactive on app start
2024-05-31 09:30:46

@phi_hh 

Do you use a VPN or ad-blocking software on your phone? Is the Tapo App authorized to run in the background?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:shortcut buttons inactive on app start
2024-05-31 13:13:57
Neither of both. I didn't change or set anything "unusual" regarding the app and, most important, this is new behaviour. Everything wworked fine untl a couple of days ago. Where do I check background permissions?
Options