Tapo Camera Auto night mode not working

2 weeks ago - last edited Monday
Model: Tapo C510W  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1,2.1

I have 2 camera installed at the front of the house looking at my drive.I have switched both to auto so that at night time the camera goes in night mode and day time to  day mode.I am assuming the auto mode should do this automatically but this is not happenning.I have to switch to night mode manually and press auto again.The camera does switch to day mode in the morning but seems i have to switch to night mode manually.I have looked at some similar posts and looks like a few people are having this issue too.Is this a problem with the camrea??.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo Camera Auto night mode not working
2 weeks ago - last edited Monday

@Erk-108 

Hi,
Generally, the camera will automatically switch between Day/Night mode according to the ambient light conditions when the Video mode is set to Auto mode. For example, if the camera does not switch to Night mode when it gets dark, it may be because the ambient light conditions do not reach the threshold for switching modes, and the camera may switch to Night mode in darker conditions.

In your usage scenario, can you share a picture of the camera's Live View page when it does not switch to Night mode when you think it should switch?

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 91

Replies: 1

Related Articles