2 Tapo Hubs on 2 different Networks with the same detectors...

2 weeks ago
Model: Tapo H100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I don't know how Tapo detectors are connected to hubs, i don't think it's WiFi, it's another protocol...

I have two internet connections, 1 ADSL and 1 4G with mobile sim card...

Can i buy 2 Hubs (2 Tapo H100 for exemple), and connect each hub on different internet connection (4G and ADSL routers) and then with my TP Link account and Tapo App, connect the detectors to the 2 different hubs at the same time...  the signal of the Tapo detectors will be sent to the 2 hubs at the same time... but to two hubs on different networks... 

In other words : if my ADSL connection doesn't work, my 4G connection still work with the sames detectors but with different hub...

Is it possible ?  (with Zigbee we can't connect a detector to TWO different Zigbee keys or hubs) what about the Tapo Detectors ?

Thanks 

Happy TP-Link User... Camera - Plug - Router - Switch
Options
5 Reply
Re:2 Tapo Hubs on 2 different Networks with the same detectors...
a week ago

@J-C.G. 

I just read a post who's saying :    You can't connect a device to TWO Hubs...

If nothing changed, i have my answer...

It could be a great option for TAPO Tp-LINK to create a proprietary protocol with the futur hub and devices who could permit to connect multi hubs to the sames detectors. This is possible with EnOcean protocol and i think with Zwave too...  zigbee, no.

Bye.

Options
a week ago

@J-C.G. If you can't do this using the TAPO options then you could look at using a wifi access point that's connected to your ADSL/4G connection. i.e. The wifi connection will find a working route.

Options
a week ago

@HmmmUK 

Interesting...

You mean that it exist WiFi acess points I can connect to my Two different Internet Routers (The ADSL one  and The 4G one) at the same time,

The access point will choose in priority the ADSL router and eventually will switch to the 4G router if ADSL doesn't work ?  and  vice versa ?

But with a preference for ADSL connection when this connection come back ?

Do you have models of WiFi access points who can do this ?    A  TP-LINK reference ?

Thank you.

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@J-C.G. Hi. I haven't any links or recommended kit I'm afraid.
Some APs/Routers have a 4G stick/SIM plugged in for back-up and switch if the internet connection fails - this sort of thing might do what you are after.
Else I'm sure some other similar kit could be used, but it's not something I've direct experience with i'm afraid.

If there's something in the TP-Link range then a staffie might be able to help?
...I did a search for '4G + TP-Link' and they do have a range of kit so worth looking at. 
This popped up and looks worth a read: https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/2719/ 

Options
a week ago

@HmmmUK   Thank you for your search.  I saw the possibility of the Failover configuration. But it's not what i want.

The 4G router is here in priority to turn back on or make a power reset of the ADSL router (ADSL router connected to a smart Plug managed by the 4G router), and vice versa...  because i live in an area where there is often ADSL and Power outages, and sometime the equipment not power correctly or in the right order and the network is broken too...  So, when i am away for a long time i want to have the possibility to power up all equipment, regardless of wich network falls...

Anyway,  connect ONE tapo detector to TWO Tapo hubs simultaneously is not possible, So...  i stop my search.

Options