Tapo D230S1 Doorbell connection

3 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Tapo D230S1  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I got the doorbell and hub and eveything is wokring fine. However the doorbell is quite far from the hub and the signal is low. Is the doorbell connected to the hub through wifi or some other wireless way? Because at the location where the doorbell is I have a different wifi network that the one connected to the hub but I don't see the option to connect the doorbell to a different wifi. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo D230S1 Doorbell connection-Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@yannisgio 

The D230 doorbell is connected to the hub through the wireless SubG frequency, it does not support 2.4GHz or 5GHz WiFi.

In your case, you may try to move the Tapo H200 closer to the doorbell. H200 supports both ethernet and 2.4GHz wireless connection, the connection type can be switched over here: Tapo App -> H200's Device Page -> Device Settings -> Network Connection

More info on TP-Link Sub-GHz Technology Brings the New Tapo Lineup of Smart Hub, Sensors,Switches and More.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo D230S1 Doorbell connection-Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@yannisgio 

The D230 doorbell is connected to the hub through the wireless SubG frequency, it does not support 2.4GHz or 5GHz WiFi.

In your case, you may try to move the Tapo H200 closer to the doorbell. H200 supports both ethernet and 2.4GHz wireless connection, the connection type can be switched over here: Tapo App -> H200's Device Page -> Device Settings -> Network Connection

More info on TP-Link Sub-GHz Technology Brings the New Tapo Lineup of Smart Hub, Sensors,Switches and More.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 73

Replies: 1

Related Articles