Tapo cameras motion detection repeatedly turns off

a week ago
Model: Tapo C510W  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

This is now the second time where all 5 of our cameras (not all are a C510) have turned off motion Detection. Last time I manually turned it back on, on each camera having noticed they hadn't been recording for several days. It has now happened again across all cameras, noone has turned this off on all of them, why is this occurring I want my cameras to record without me needing to check this is working continuously.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo cameras motion detection repeatedly turns off
a week ago

@Thor_odinsson 

Hi,
Generally, the camera won't turn off its detection feature automatically. You can go to the Tapo app>Cameras tab>Home mode and Away mode to check if your cameras are included. If so, check these camera's detection feature settings and confirm if the motion detection feature is turned off.

The Home/Away mode includes the preset settings you configured for the cameras, if you click on the Home/Away mode on the Tapo app, the preset settings will overwrite the current camera settings. 
How to edit Home and Away Mode for Tapo&Kasa Cameras on the Tapo app?

Best Regards

Options
Friday

@Solla-topee we have not used the home or away settings either time this happened, I have used Away now since to reduce the need to turn everything on individually. I know for certain detection wasn't turned off using the home mode as the second time this has now happened it only happened for 4 of the 5 cameras and all of them are in the home mode, where first time it was all 5

Options
Monday

@Thor_odinsson 

Hi,
Have you shared your TP-Link account with others? If yes, maybe someone logged in to the Tapo app with your account and then changed the camera settings.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 59

Replies: 3

Related Articles