Tapo C500 - No audio from camera to phone

2024-07-08 17:29:28
Tags: #Live View #Audio issue
Model: Tapo C500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.4

Audio has been working fine until now, but now it's not. There is no audio from the Tapo camera to my phone. There are some static noises, though, and when I knock on the camera, it makes knocking sounds which I can hear on my phone, but it's a weird sound. I can't hear the camera sound when it is panning either, which I used to. Standing next to the camera and screaming has no effect; it only makes vague, uneven static noises. Trying to adjust the audio doesn't help. Unplugging the camera doesn't help. Resetting the camera doesn't help. I've made sure I have not muted my microphone sound. I have also made sure my other settings are as they used to be. I've also tried other suggestions on this forum from people who has similar issues, but with no success.

Voice call (from phone to the camera) works, but there is no sound back when replying. This issue is present in live view and recordings.

My camera isn't that old; is it already getting worn and defective?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Tapo C500 - No audio from camera to phone
2024-07-09 06:26:09

@Warlizzard 

How about when speaking to the camera?

Can you share some videos here? You may send it through a cloud drive or YouTube link to me via private message. 

Please send me the Mac address of this camera as well.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:Tapo C500 - No audio from camera to phone
2024-07-09 13:06:38 - last edited 2024-07-09 13:27:39

@Wayne-TP Like I stated in my earlier post, audio is not detected. All audio created outside, whether it comes from wind, animals, humans talking, or vehicles, which goes through the camera to my phone, is not detected. Direct contact with the camera itself, such as knocking on the camera, is somewhat detected. The sound is muffled and distorted. When the camera is trying to detect audio, like the wind or when someone is talking, the camera detects these diffuse static/crackling noises, as if it is trying to catch some audio. It's like having a headset with a bad connection in its wire. Things like the alarm and voice call output, from the phone it self to the outside works.

I'l send you the required information in PM.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 520

Replies: 2

Tags

Live View
Audio issue
Related Articles