C211 turn off night mode.

2024-07-08 22:21:27
Tags: #IR
Model: Tapo C211  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Other tapo cameras allow you to turn off auto/night mode, however this one does not have that functionality.

If you don't have the ability to mount a camera outside, this camera is useless for putting in a window to look outside without this, already implemented in other cameras, feature.

Options
3 Reply
Re:C211 turn off night mode.
2024-07-09 09:13:10

@Flower62 

Hi,
Usually, you can select the day mode on the camera's Live View page to turn off the Auto/Night mode. 

From your description, do you want to turn off the infrared light in night mode so that it does not reflect off the window and cause the camera to not work?
If so, the other camera models, such as the Tapo C210, do not support this feature either. We do not recommend the usage scenario to put an indoor camera behind a window to monitor outside.

In your usage scenario, maybe an outdoor camera is more suited for you.

Best Regards

Options
2024-07-09 12:57:11 - last edited 2024-07-09 12:58:06

@Solla-topee 

Cheers. We don't have the ability to mount cameras outside though.

Thankfully the cameras are still in their return period, so we'll be doing that.

It's a lot of needless faff for a functionality where similar cameras in the series have already? At least from my searches. Oh well.

Options
2024-07-10 04:02:48

@Flower62 

Hi,
Sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced. If you happen to see any other Tapo cameras that support turning off the IR LED in night mode, please feel free to send me a link to that page, I'll check and update the information accordingly.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 222

Replies: 3

Voters 1

Tags

IR