Only want motion tracking

2024-07-22 10:22:52 - last edited 2024-07-29 07:50:33
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.14 build 240513 rel 43636n(4555)

Hi,

Previously, I could only choose motion tracking, not detection. I had one camera set up with this configuration. Now, I wanted to use a second camera in the same way, but it was no longer possible. I checked the first camera, which still had the motion tracking setting, and tested it. However, now both cameras have the same problem. I only want motion tracking enabled. 

How can I force it again so I only have the motion tracking but not the detection ?

My regards

Simon

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Only want motion tracking-Solution
2024-07-24 10:32:00 - last edited 2024-07-29 07:50:33

@densimon 

Hi,
For your usage scenario, I think there is no problem enabling the motion detection feature on the Tapo app for your camera. Please note that the Detection, Alarm, and Notification are different features, if you do not want to get alarm sound or receive a notification when detecting motion, you can turn off the Alarm and Notification features.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
9 Reply
Re:Only want motion tracking
2024-07-23 10:35:05

@densimon 

Hi, 
The Motion Tracking function of the camera tracks the motion after the camera detects it, so it's required to enable the motion detection feature before enabling the motion tracking feature.

Why do you not want to enable the motion detection function? You can describe your usage scenario in detail to check if the camera features can meet your requirements. 

Best Regards

Options
2024-07-23 12:07:56

@Solla-topee 

Before, I was able to use only the motion tracking feature on the camera.

Unfortunately, due to testing when installing the second camera, the first camera lost that specific setting, so I can't show it anymore.

The issue isn't with the camera itself; it has to do with the app pushing/asking to disable it. When I first installed the camera in 2022, only motion tracking was still available.

The purpose of these cameras is to monitor my kids when they're playing in the attic. I just want to track their movements to ensure I can follow them. I don't need an alarm to go off; I just want to see what they're doing and intervene if they misbehave or are in trouble.

Options
Re:Only want motion tracking-Solution
2024-07-24 10:32:00 - last edited 2024-07-29 07:50:33

@densimon 

Hi,
For your usage scenario, I think there is no problem enabling the motion detection feature on the Tapo app for your camera. Please note that the Detection, Alarm, and Notification are different features, if you do not want to get alarm sound or receive a notification when detecting motion, you can turn off the Alarm and Notification features.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-07-25 07:15:23

@Solla-topee 

Hi Solla-topee,

That's the issue: it's no longer possible. Choosing only motion tracking activates motion detection and motion tracking. Selecting only motion detection activates just that. If both are enabled and I then disable motion detection, it automatically deactivates motion tracking.

This used to be possible so I don't know why they removed this feature ? 

My kind regards

Options
2024-07-25 07:38:55

@densimon 

Hi, 
You may have a misunderstanding of the camera's detection feature. Enabling the motion detection feature doesn't mean the camera will alarm a sound when detecting a motion.
1. As I previously mentioned, the Motion Tracking function of the camera tracks the motion after the camera detects it, so it's required to enable the motion detection feature before enabling the motion tracking feature.

2. The Detection and the Alarm feature are different features. In your desired usage scenario, you can enable the motion detection feature and then enable the motion tracking feature to monitor your kids and track their movements, but keep the Alarm feature disabled. In this case, the camera won't sound an alarm when detecting motions since the Alarm feature is disabled.

Best Regards

Options
2024-07-25 11:16:57

@Solla-topee 

Hi,

Thank you for the clarification regarding the motion detection and alarm features.

I understand that detection and alarm functions are separate.

However, I am concerned about receiving notifications every time the camera detects movement. I don't need these notifications either.

Previously, I was able to set up the camera to only enable motion tracking, which allowed it to follow movement without triggering notifications. This setup worked perfectly for my needs. Unfortunately, this option now seems to be missing due to the app now changing it.

Could you please explain why this option has been removed or provide guidance on how to restore this functionality?

I hope this makes more sense on what I'm asking.

Best regards,

Options
2024-07-26 10:06:50

@densimon 

Hi,
We don't have the information on whether the Tapo C200 allows to enable the Motion Tracking feature without enabling the Motion Detection feature before, but this function is not currently available.

Please note that the Notification feature is also separate from the Detection feature, you can enable the Motion Detection feature and then enable the Motion Tracking feature, but turn off the Notification feature on the camera's Device Settings>Notification page, then you won't receive notifications when the camera detects motion.

Best Regards

Options
2024-07-26 18:56:57

@Solla-topee 

Hi,

Yes, this seems to do the trick. I hadn't noticed that this was now a separate option. Previously, enabling detection would automatically include the notification, and you had to disable the detection to avoid getting the notification. I would have been racking my brain trying to solve this, so I'm happy I reached out on this forum.

Thank you for your help; you are a lifesaver!

My best regards

Simon

Options
2024-07-29 07:50:00

@densimon It's my pleasure to help you~ smiley

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 272

Replies: 9

Related Articles