Updating issue. Taking too long to update

2024-08-13 01:05:16 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Tapo C420S2  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 61598

I recently purchased tapo 4 camera device. C420. Set up the box, now trying to connect cameras but it asked me to update the cameras before connecting. It's been over 40 minutes and it still updating. Is it normal? 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Updating issue. Taking too long to update -Solution
2024-08-13 11:16:48 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Courtney74 

Hi, 
In this case, please check the LED status on the camera, try to force close the Tapo app and reopen it, then check if you can manage the Tapo C420 via the Tapo app.
1. If the LED is solid green and you can manage the Tapo camera via the Tapo app, you can reboot the hub, reboot the camera, move the hub and camera close to the router, and then try to update the firmware again when they are rebooted.

2. If not, please wait for a night and let me know the LED status on the camera and the firmware update result.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Updating issue. Taking too long to update -Solution
2024-08-13 11:16:48 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Courtney74 

Hi, 
In this case, please check the LED status on the camera, try to force close the Tapo app and reopen it, then check if you can manage the Tapo C420 via the Tapo app.
1. If the LED is solid green and you can manage the Tapo camera via the Tapo app, you can reboot the hub, reboot the camera, move the hub and camera close to the router, and then try to update the firmware again when they are rebooted.

2. If not, please wait for a night and let me know the LED status on the camera and the firmware update result.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 132

Replies: 1

Related Articles