scheduling time for motion detection

2024-08-14 15:59:21 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So in the setting I found the "Alarm" tab and in it there is an option for "Alarm schedule - Custom Schedual and it allows me to set the time and day that the alarm will go off. I have also found the"storage and recording" tab and in it and there is an option for "Recording schedual"

However niether of them switch of the cameras at this time which is what I would like to do. I would like to automaticaly switch off the camera from the hours of 9.00-18.00 to avoid using to much data up and not to be disturbed by my phone as there is a lot of wanted activity during these hours

I do not see an option to do this in the "Detection" tab neither. Is there a way to do this please?

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:scheduling time for motion detection-Solution
2024-08-15 07:29:04 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@HobGobling 

Hi,
You can enable and disable the privacy mode of the camera via the Smart Action(Automation) to make it stop detecting events and recording during a specific time period.
How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices?

For example, you can enable the privacy mode at 09:00 every day and disable the privacy mode at 18:00 every day, then the camera won't detect and record during 09:00-18:00.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:scheduling time for motion detection-Solution
2024-08-15 07:29:04 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@HobGobling 

Hi,
You can enable and disable the privacy mode of the camera via the Smart Action(Automation) to make it stop detecting events and recording during a specific time period.
How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices?

For example, you can enable the privacy mode at 09:00 every day and disable the privacy mode at 18:00 every day, then the camera won't detect and record during 09:00-18:00.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:scheduling time for motion detection
2024-08-16 17:43:12

@Solla-topee 

from that link; is it the last one i want?

3. Name your smart action and set the effective time when the automation will take effect.

Options
Re:scheduling time for motion detection
2024-08-19 09:05:49

@HobGobling 

Hi,
For example, to enable privacy mode at 09:00 AM and disable privacy mode at 18:00 every day, you can add the Automation rule by referring to the following steps:
    1. Go to the Tapo app>Smart tab> click the "+" icon at the top right corner> add a new "Automation".
    2. The Effective Time is set to Always.
    3. Tap Add Trigger>Time of Day>Custom Time> Select 09:00 AM, on the Repeat section, select Monday-Sunday, and click Done at the top right corner.
    4. Tap Add Action>Control One Device>Select your camera>choose Enable Privacy Mode, and click Done at the top right corner.
    5. Click Create at the top right corner> Set a name for this Automation rule, and tap Save to save the changes.
    6. Repeat Steps 1-5 to disable privacy mode at 18:00 every day.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 159

Replies: 3

Related Articles