TP-Link Tapo Doorbell D230 - What is the best settings for detection?

3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Tapo D230S1  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.16

Hi all, I recently got the TP-Link Tapo Doorbell D230S1, and it seems to do the job, I'm amazed that it can turn on to detect cars driving past on the street, although sometimes it is missing close detection like when my car comes into the driveway, it should turn on as the car is in the frame, and it didn't detect me walking out of the car to the front door. But there were times when I was able to detect other people when they walked to my front door. From the street footpath to my doorbell camera, it is about 5m and from my driveway at the front of the house to the doorbell camera it's about 4m so the cam should be able to detect me earlier. Note, it did detect me walking to my car when I was leaving.

I wonder if it's the settings I've applied, although it does seem like it's set to the highest.

Wake up when > event detected > wake up sensitivity = 10

Image Detection > Set for all > I covered the whole screen

Detection type:

Motion Detection > 9 (I lowered down from 10 as it seems like it was detecting when tree leaves were moving when windy)

Person detection > 10

Pet detection > 10

Vehicle Detection > 10

Package detection > 10

Storage & Recording

Clip Settings

Retrigger Time > 0

Record Buffer > 10 sec

Clips Length > 120 sec

What settings work well with you for best detection?

Options
3 Reply
Re:TP-Link Tapo Doorbell D230 - What is the best settings for detection?
3 weeks ago

Wayne-TP wrote

@rengu 

Please use the Detection Range Test tool in Detection > Wake-up Sensitivity Settings on the Tapo app to check the actual detection range of the camera. Detection Range Test: test the activity detection zone of the Tapo Battery Camera

Hi Wayne,

I don't see the test tool within Wake Up Settings

I only see,

Wake up when

Event detect - Ticked

Wake-up sensitivity - 10

Options
a week ago

@Wayne-TP 

Wayne-TP wrote

@rengu 

Please use the Detection Range Test tool in Detection > Wake-up Sensitivity Settings on the Tapo app to check the actual detection range of the camera. Detection Range Test: test the activity detection zone of the Tapo Battery Camera

I also do not see this tool in the Tapo app menu.  Just checked and I have the latest version. Please advise.  

Options
a week ago

@rengu 

Sorry, misread the model number. Tapo D230 does not support detection range test feature. 

About this issue, please try to move in front of the doorbell while viewing it in the Tapo App. Check whether this movement can be detected at this point. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 190

Replies: 3

Related Articles