Tapo H200 siren not available on Matter protocol

2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Tapo H200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Hi,

I am using the Tapo H200 hub in the Home Assistant through Matter protocol. I can use my other devices like T110 contact sensors using the hub in HA but the hub itself is not offering any of its capabilities (specifically siren) through Matter protocol. Is there a plan to add the specific features of the hub also to the Matter protocol?

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Tapo H200 siren not available on Matter protocol-Solution

@pafraz 

Tapo H200 supports Matter Bridge feature that connects non-Matter device to Matter platform, but H200 itself is not a Matter hub, it cannot be used as a Matter device. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

@pafraz 

We don't have information on device's future feature updates.  What we share now is that H200 doesn't support ringing skill via Matter.

To learn about new features or optimizations for the product, you can check the new firmware or app release notes. You can also follow official updates on the website and community.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply

@pafraz 

Tapo H200 supports Matter Bridge feature that connects non-Matter device to Matter platform, but H200 itself is not a Matter hub, it cannot be used as a Matter device. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Tapo H200 siren not available on Matter protocol
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

Wayne-TP wrote

Thanks for your reply. But what I am curious about is if your comment means the Smart Alarm and chime features of H200 are not going to be available to users who buy it as a Matter bridge? I also understand that Matter support is not officially advertised for H200 on the website, so I assume it can not surprise any buyer.

Options

@pafraz 

We don't have information on device's future feature updates.  What we share now is that H200 doesn't support ringing skill via Matter.

To learn about new features or optimizations for the product, you can check the new firmware or app release notes. You can also follow official updates on the website and community.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 158

Replies: 3

Related Articles