Assistance Required Kasa Care Service Unavailability on Curacao

2 weeks ago - last edited Monday

I am currently located on Curacao, and I recently discovered that the Kasa Care service is not available in this region. I am puzzled as to why this is the case, as I would assume that camera video footage could be uploaded and stored on any server via the Internet, regardless of geographical location.

Could you please clarify why Kasa Care is not accessible on Curacao? Is there a specific reason related to regional restrictions, server availability, or legal compliance? Additionally, I would greatly appreciate any guidance or advice you can provide on how to utilize Kasa Care services while residing on Curacao.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Assistance Required Kasa Care Service Unavailability on Curacao-Solution
a week ago - last edited Monday

@MChristiaan 

Hi, 
We do not recommend purchasing products across countries, because there may be problems with product specifications not being applicable or services not being available, such as different power specs in different countries, etc., and we do not provide an international warranty. The service area is not mentioned on Kasa Care because the regions where we officially sell Kasa cameras provide Kasa Care service.

In your case, if you have just purchased the product, you can contact Amazon to return it, or you can consider using the Tapo Care service, which has no regional restrictions. You can subscribe to the Tapo Care service on the Tapo app, then manage the Kasa Cam through the Tapo app, and add the Kasa Cam to the Tapo Care service.
How can I subscribe to a Tapo Care Plan?  
How to Add Kasa Devices to the Tapo App? 
How to add new cameras to my Tapo Care plan? 

Here are some questions you may concerned about: General questions about linking Kasa devices to Tapo App 

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Assistance Required Kasa Care Service Unavailability on Curacao
2 weeks ago

@MChristiaan 

Hi,
Do you purchase your Kasa Camera from another region? 
The Kasa Care service is only available in the region where Kasa Camera is officially released. 
Best Regards

Options
Re:Assistance Required Kasa Care Service Unavailability on Curacao
2 weeks ago

I find the explanation provided regarding the regional availability of Kasa Care services unsatisfactory. I purchased the camera online via Amazon, and there was no indication that Kasa Care would be limited to specific regions. The product description and the Kasa Care section do not mention any regional restrictions.

I chose this product based on the features advertised, including the Kasa Care service, which is important to me. I was pleased with the camera itself, but this limitation on Kasa Care is disappointing and was not clearly communicated at the time of purchase.

I hope you can provide a more effective solution or clarify steps I can take to access the full range of services advertised. Without a resolution, it will be difficult for me to recommend your products to others.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I look forward to your response.

Options
Re:Assistance Required Kasa Care Service Unavailability on Curacao-Solution
a week ago - last edited Monday

@MChristiaan 

Hi, 
We do not recommend purchasing products across countries, because there may be problems with product specifications not being applicable or services not being available, such as different power specs in different countries, etc., and we do not provide an international warranty. The service area is not mentioned on Kasa Care because the regions where we officially sell Kasa cameras provide Kasa Care service.

In your case, if you have just purchased the product, you can contact Amazon to return it, or you can consider using the Tapo Care service, which has no regional restrictions. You can subscribe to the Tapo Care service on the Tapo app, then manage the Kasa Cam through the Tapo app, and add the Kasa Cam to the Tapo Care service.
How can I subscribe to a Tapo Care Plan?  
How to Add Kasa Devices to the Tapo App? 
How to add new cameras to my Tapo Care plan? 

Here are some questions you may concerned about: General questions about linking Kasa devices to Tapo App 

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 85

Replies: 3

Related Articles