Tapo cameras now not sending notifications to phone

2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Tapo C100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have three Tapo C100 cameras and I have Tapo Care Premium.

Up to last Friday, they worked perfectly and sent notifications to my phone when they detected movement.

Since then, they have not sent notifications to my iPhone.

I have rebooted my wifi, rebooted the 3 cameras, the notifications are on for Tapo in the iPhone settings. 

In the Tapo app I have checked the camera settings, motion detection and person detection are both on.

In Notifications, it's on for all 3 types of activity. Do not disturb is off.

There are notifications in the app but they are not going to my iPhone.

Can I have some support with this please because I don't understand why the notifications stopped when they have been working for months.

Thank you

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo cameras now not sending notifications to phone-Solution

@delta2001 

Hi, 
If the Tapo app can receive detection notifications when the camera detects events, it means the camera's notification settings are correct. Your iPhone can't receive the notifications anymore may be related to the settings or changes on it. 
You can refer to the tips on the Apple forum for a try: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254856522?answerId=259954139022&sortBy=rank&page=2#259954139022
You can also search online with "can't receive app notifications on iPhone" and check if the suggestions will help.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo cameras now not sending notifications to phone-Solution

@delta2001 

Hi, 
If the Tapo app can receive detection notifications when the camera detects events, it means the camera's notification settings are correct. Your iPhone can't receive the notifications anymore may be related to the settings or changes on it. 
You can refer to the tips on the Apple forum for a try: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254856522?answerId=259954139022&sortBy=rank&page=2#259954139022
You can also search online with "can't receive app notifications on iPhone" and check if the suggestions will help.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 97

Replies: 1

Related Articles