Uselessness Tapo c425 and detection problems

2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago
Tags: #Motion Detection #No detection
Model: Tapo C425  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.18

I have purchased 4 Tapo C425 which are supposed to be the best in the range battery operated , but they are totally useless , beyond 3 meters they do not detect anything , an elephant may be dancing but if it is beyond 3 meters it is not detected , my old blink xt2 detected even up to 7 or 8 meters movements . I wonder what good are cameras like this if , as happened to me , there are intruders but they are not detected.

I have already set all the sensitivities to the maximum , wake-up sensitivity to 10 , motion sensitivity to 10 , but nothing has changed 

So I ask Tapo engineers directly , why not improve the detection ? As it is now it is a totally useless camera as a security camera because it does not detect anything , maybe it could detect if it steals or the camera because they are so close 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Uselessness Tapo c425 and detection problems-Solution
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@MirkoCpn 

Use the detection range test tool to check whether the camera's detection area covers the area you need to detect, and adjust the camera's installation position to improve performance. Detection Range Test: test the activity detection zone of the Tapo Battery Camera

As a battery camera equipped with a PIR sensor, motion detection is activated only after the camera is awakened. This helps to significantly reduce false triggers from minor movements, such as flying insects, rain, or falling leaves. If you need more sensitive detection capabilities, an AC-powered camera would be a better option.  

How to Install and Configure Battery-Powered Cameras for Optimal Detection Performance

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Uselessness Tapo c425 and detection problems
2 weeks ago

@MirkoCpn 

Too many of these issues, and Tapo still pretending that there's not a manor flaw with this camera or their PIR sensor. 

In addition to that, because everything for me is set to max, my cameras don't last more than 3 weeks before needing to be charged.

Options
Re:Uselessness Tapo c425 and detection problems
2 weeks ago

@Valdano I confirm that many features stated by Tapo are not true , it absolutely does not last 180 days even without any detection ( the problem of the number of detections is not there since it does not even detect a hippo in the garden ) , the detection range is also false , I would not have expected so many lies from a company like tp-link , I would be curious to know what their engineers say 

Options
Re:Uselessness Tapo c425 and detection problems-Solution
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@MirkoCpn 

Use the detection range test tool to check whether the camera's detection area covers the area you need to detect, and adjust the camera's installation position to improve performance. Detection Range Test: test the activity detection zone of the Tapo Battery Camera

As a battery camera equipped with a PIR sensor, motion detection is activated only after the camera is awakened. This helps to significantly reduce false triggers from minor movements, such as flying insects, rain, or falling leaves. If you need more sensitive detection capabilities, an AC-powered camera would be a better option.  

How to Install and Configure Battery-Powered Cameras for Optimal Detection Performance

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 179

Replies: 3

Tags

Motion Detection
No detection
Related Articles