Camera continually goes offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Camera continually goes offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
74 Reply
TPLINK Cameras sucks
2017-05-04 22:35:50
I found the solution! I had to change my tplink cam by another brand. I have a new foscam and is working great for the last month. :cool::cool::cool:
Options
Re:Camera continually goes offline
2017-05-09 09:31:02
Ok, hope this helps people, just purchased (few days ago) an NC250 and was intrigued with what appeared to be continuous, random loss of connectivity (email notifications as a result of motion detection) - just when I was about to give up, I connected an ethernet cable instead of using wireless, and voila, not a single dropout. So, this means that my home WiFi cannot/does not provide enough bandwidth, capacity for it to work properly (I have an old 2.4GHz G based WiFi at home, haven't even checked if my neighbours are sitting on the same channel etc). There you have it, what looked like a camera, turned out to be my WiFi setup (upgrade will follow in short order). I understand that using hard wire may not be everyone's option, but you may re-check your WiFi if you're having problems. Again, hope this helps someone.
Options
ip address
2017-05-09 19:58:20

phaser wrote

Ok, hope this helps people, just purchased (few days ago) an NC250 and was intrigued with what appeared to be continuous, random loss of connectivity (email notifications as a result of motion detection) - just when I was about to give up, I connected an ethernet cable instead of using wireless, and voila, not a single dropout. So, this means that my home WiFi cannot/does not provide enough bandwidth, capacity for it to work properly (I have an old 2.4GHz G based WiFi at home, haven't even checked if my neighbours are sitting on the same channel etc). There you have it, what looked like a camera, turned out to be my WiFi setup (upgrade will follow in short order). I understand that using hard wire may not be everyone's option, but you may re-check your WiFi if you're having problems. Again, hope this helps someone.
.......................static ip address , in options instead of dynamic .
Options
2017-05-10 06:27:43

sydney2218 wrote

.......................static ip address , in options instead of dynamic .

Haven't tried that, what's the worst that can happen ; ) Thanks.
Options
2017-05-29 03:27:38
Bought NC450 month ago, updated firmware and assigned it static IP within my home Wi-Fi LAN.
All OK, but every 2-3 days it becames unaccessible (LED is ON, when i turn on/off light - day/night mode works, but i cannot access it in any way, even ping within LAN doest work - after power reset of camera - all OK again).
Is it faulty good or there is a way to fix it?
2-3 days of uptime - is very unreliable device. Wired connection is not my choice, i need Wi-Fi mode.
Options
2017-06-11 10:13:08
Same here with my NC450. Kept going offline and did a hard reset to try things out and now it is offline "permanently". :(
Options
2017-07-01 20:27:12
Possible found solution for NC450 freeze, but not sure if it works everywhere.
I have TP-Link 1043ND wi-fi router, and when i change its wi-fi level of signal from medium to high - camera don't freeze anymore (two weeks of stable work just now).
It seems, that camera very sensitive to quality of signal. When signal is unstable, it leads camera to freeze.
Hope, it will help someone else.
Options
2017-11-22 20:41:05
Make sure that there should be not large distance between router and security cameras.
Direction of security cameras must be towards your router.
Make sure you are filling correct password.
You may have insufficient bandwidth at home
Options
2017-11-27 17:58:55
While wi-fi system are known for their slow information transfer charges, this isn't something to worry about with wi-fi security cameras as even the nice of HD wireless cameras normally do no longer eat a whole lot of bandwidth for streaming video feed. Essay Writers in UK
Options
2017-11-30 15:16:08
Your camera may go offline due to network connectivity. However, if your camera goes offline very often, you can try the following troubleshooting techniques.

Move your camera closer to your router.

Minimize the number of physical obstructions between the camera and router.

Check for interference from other WiFi networks. Interference may be problematic when living in an apartment complex, where there are multiple networks operating on the same channel. Change the channel on your router.

Check for interference from common household electronics. There are a variety of household appliances and devices (televisions, microwaves, baby monitors, cordless phones) which could cause wireless interference. Position your router a few feet away from these devices to improve your router's performance.

You may have insufficient bandwidth at home.

Check for a firmware update.

hope this will help you.
Options
Related Articles