Camera goes offline frequently

2024-01-21 13:37:16 - last edited 2024-01-22 08:50:44
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have 3 indoor cameras model C210 and 1 outdoor camera C500. All 3 c210 cameras goes offline frequently but c500 works flawlessly. Technical support recommended to set router channel settings as 40Mhz. Even after doing that my camera goes offline. If it is really network then even c500 should not work. I guess it is firmware problem because I just bought the device 2 months back. All 3 products cannot be a hardware problem.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Camera goes offline frequently
2024-01-22 08:49:50

@Dalip1 

Hi,
Usually, you can refer to the link below to troubleshoot if the camera has an unstable issue.
What should I do if my Tapo smart camera keeps losing connection or going Offline?

Please help confirm the following information for further analysis.
1. Are the Tapo C210 connected to the router directly or via an AP/RE? What's the model number of the wireless router and the AP/RE if there is one?

2. Please help check the Tapo C210's signal strength value on its Device Settings>Device info page when it's online, and send me the value info.

3. What LED status on the camera when it goes offline on the Tapo app? How do you get the camera back online, such as rebooting it, resetting it, and reconfiguring it?

Best Regards

Options
2024-01-22 11:54:29

@Solla-topee 

I tried to provide the information directly to your post : 

Solla-topee wrote

@Dalip1 

Hi,
Usually, you can refer to the link below to troubleshoot if the camera has an unstable issue.
What should I do if my Tapo smart camera keeps losing connection or going Offline? - Referred, I don't think so it is network problem. Because it is failing even with different network connection. Moreover the other camera C500 works without any glitches in any network.

Please help confirm the following information for further analysis.
1. Are the Tapo C210 connected to the router directly or via an AP/RE? What's the model number of the wireless router and the AP/RE if there is one? - Connected to wireless router directly by usual way. No WiFi extender is used.

2. Please help check the Tapo C210's signal strength value on its Device Settings>Device info page when it's online, and send me the value info.

Signal strength -55RSSI

3. What LED status on the camera when it goes offline on the Tapo app? How do you get the camera back online, such as rebooting it, resetting it, and reconfiguring it?

Led status - solid red light. By rebooting the camera with Power plug on and off. which is not a good solution ultimately.

​Need support at the earliest.

Options
2024-01-23 07:44:48

@Dalip1 

Hi,
1. You can go to your router to check if some special settings are configured for the Tapo C210, such as firewall, access control, parental control, etc. These settings may block the Tapo C210 from working after some time.

2. It's recommended to enable a 2.4G hotspot Wi-Fi on your phone, reset one Tapo C210, reconfigure it to connect it to the hotspot Wi-Fi with a different phone, and then check if the camera will work fine.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 142

Replies: 3

Related Articles