Camera offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Camera offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Camera offline
Camera offline
2022-08-13 08:25:54 - last edited 2022-08-15 11:51:52
Tags: #Offline
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have 3 camera 1 camera goes offline every night and can never get it back online until the next day, it's signal is -54db so don't no if it's Wifi related but my garden cam is -77db and has never disconnected.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Camera offline-Solution
2022-08-15 10:51:06 - last edited 2022-08-15 11:51:52

@Solla-topee I found the solution, camera was going offline every time night vision switched on, the internet connection was fine, the 9v power plug that comes with the camera does not supply enough power when on an extension, changing the power plug to 12v resolved my problem and is working fine now thanks

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Camera offline
2022-08-15 10:30:19

Hello @Dimak 

it's good step to check the camera signal strength, it is aslo recommended to checkif router has any advanced wireless settings that may affect the camera stability as FAQ here.

What should I do if my Tapo smart camera keeps losing connection or going Offline?

For camera unstable problem, can you help provide some information here, and we may need to get  the case escalated for further analysis. 

1Led status on a smart device when it is offline: Red/ Flashing Green/ Solid Green etc.

2. MAC address of the Camera ( please share via Private message)

3. When the issue occurs, does the smart device work in the local network?

For a test, connect your mobile device to the home Wi-Fi network at that time and see if the Tapo device is still accessible in the local network?

4. the model number Wi-Fi router and your network topology:

e.g. ISP Spectrum-Archer C7 router<Wireless> tapo device

5. How often does the issue happen, and how does the recover the connection, like reboot the camera or reboot the router?

6. Enable Diagnose mode, get the log of the camera, and share the log file.

How to Get the Log of Tapo Camera?

Options
Re:Camera offline-Solution
2022-08-15 10:51:06 - last edited 2022-08-15 11:51:52

@Solla-topee I found the solution, camera was going offline every time night vision switched on, the internet connection was fine, the 9v power plug that comes with the camera does not supply enough power when on an extension, changing the power plug to 12v resolved my problem and is working fine now thanks

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Camera offline
2022-08-15 11:51:45

@Dimak  Glad to know the problem was solved by changing to a 12V power cord when you use a power extension cable for the camera. 

Thanks for sharing solution here with community yes

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 363

Replies: 3

Tags

Related Articles