Some of NC200s go offline after being updated with the latest firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-12-16 15:37:38
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Dear Customer,

As to this problem, our R&D are exploring it now.
In order to solve this problem, we need to collect some information.

If you encounter this problem, please send the following information to us, the contact Email is support@tp-link.com.
1. Your region. 2. Your cloud account username. 3. The MAC address of your camera.

I'm sorry for bringing you inconvenience, we will solve this problem as soon as possible.

Thanks!
Options
13 Reply
Re:Some of NC200s go offline after being updated with the latest firmware
2015-12-16 23:28:20
You got mail !!
Options
2015-12-21 16:18:49
emailed, please resolve ASAP
Options
2015-12-21 20:08:00
Portugal and i have 6 cameras and they are in another island. TP link never again
Options
2015-12-22 20:31:23
Email sent from flazznetworks@gmail.com :) im waiting for solution
Options
2015-12-22 22:25:09
I can't understand how this can happen and why after couple of week nothing is done ...!! we have no information, no ETA, nothing ... is like TP-Link don't working on it ...?? why do you not release the older firmware or the possibility of doing a roll back where are all working fine... I'm really confuse and don't understand why it's so long to get this fix ...!!

At least please inform us of any ETA or development on this issue ..!!!

Sorry for my bad English ...!!! I'm french..
Options
2015-12-23 18:50:55

versatilis wrote

I can't understand how this can happen and why after couple of week nothing is done ...!! we have no information, no ETA, nothing ... is like TP-Link don't working on it ...?? why do you not release the older firmware or the possibility of doing a roll back where are all working fine... I'm really confuse and don't understand why it's so long to get this fix ...!!

At least please inform us of any ETA or development on this issue ..!!!

Sorry for my bad English ...!!! I'm french..

Looks like TP-Link don´t care about their costumers :mad:
Options
Updated Firmware
2015-12-23 19:50:13
Hi all I got a reply and firmware from TP-Link support regarding this thread

All risk in upgrading your firmware is at your own peril as always, I'm not responsible for any problems caused

This is only for the >> NC200<<

EDIT: Latest at this time NC200_V1_151222_A.zip
Options
2015-12-27 20:41:46
nc200_2.1.4 firmware is broken.

The control software does not work anymore and the iSpy with vlc plugin does not show anything.

TP-LINK must not force the users to upgrade.

Even after the upgrade, TP-LINK must allow the users to downgrade when something is broken.

In light of user freedom, TP-LINK HAS VIOLATED GPL TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Options
GPL License
2015-12-29 14:47:45

pintubigfoot wrote

nc200_2.1.4 firmware is broken.

The control software does not work anymore and the iSpy with vlc plugin does not show anything.

TP-LINK must not force the users to upgrade.

Even after the upgrade, TP-LINK must allow the users to downgrade when something is broken.

In light of user freedom, TP-LINK HAS VIOLATED GPL TERMS AND CONDITIONS.

If you feel this way please quote the actual license, it is readily available

if you wish to take some other action then follow the link

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-violation.html

afaik you only need to be allowed access to the appropriately licensed source code upon request, and a copy of license be provided with the software (which it is)

nothing about upgrading and downgrading
Options
2015-12-29 22:02:33
My ticket ref : [182038]

I have reported this but am unfortunately having to wait whilst I go through tired steps in the fault process.
I clearly reported that this device was unboxed, turned on, plugged in and had a green online state. I then downloaded the android app, it auto applied the firmware upgrade and now i get a flashing red light.
In the first fault ticket email I highlighted that it wasn't connecting and was told to do some standard reboot steps. I advised I had done this and that the device wasnt connecting to the router.
I was then told to connect it wirelessly and try again, amazingly I still have the same problem.

Surely if I am referencing THIS thread that the problem occurred right after I did a firmware change and that it has a flashing red light indicating it is trying to start up and that it isnt being assigned an IP address by my router that it is quite clear the firmware is at fault and is preventing me from using the camera.

There is no point in calling tech support because although it is 24x7, you get a "engineer not available" repeated message costing 0845 call rates with no idea about how long your wait is going to be and I am relying on email ticket correspondence with someone that is most likely not even based in the UK (based on the name).

This was a Christmas present that is now turning into a farce where it seems that a tech company decides to release firmware updates to their product prior to Christmas holidays when it is most likely that if there are faults surrounding it, its not the best time to deal with them.

As it stands right now, if this problem doesnt get fixed it is getting sent back as faulty and we will invest in a replacement with an alternative manufacturer that is willing to handle support of their product adequately.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1793

Replies: 13