NC450 Doesn't Recognize SD Card

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

NC450 Doesn't Recognize SD Card

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
19 Reply
Re:NC450 Doesn't Recognize SD Card
2017-07-06 06:07:20
Place a ticket to TP-link support if things have not yet resolved.
Options
2017-07-10 09:27:41

earthling17 wrote

Likewise, I have problem with my 64GB SD card. It was working file but all of a sudden, about a week back, it doesn't read. I had thought that the memory was full but apparently it has only used half of the SD card.

I tried to reformat the SD card and rebooting but it still doesn't work. Appreciate if someone can advise on the solution for these. I see that there are quite a number of users with the same issue but not reply.

But normally the limitation of the SD card is 32G~
Options
2017-07-24 02:03:57

stawik wrote

I also have a problem with SD card on my NC450 camera.After when I updating firmware to version 1.2.4 for some time all worked well.I use option “24 hour recording” and after some time my SD card (32GB SanDisk) became full.But for next few days the SD card was still detectable all the time and everything worked fine.However today, when I wanted to watch the historical recordings, I saw the information - "Please insert an SD card into the camera to store records".But I didn’t remove the SD card. Also in options “house with thief” there is message "Sd card works properly" and in the recording settings there is "SD memory 28.22GB / 29.71GB".I think this is a bug in the new software related with the 24 hour recording option.As I'm on vacation I can’t format the sd card or reset the camera.It would be nice to add these options in to the tpCamera application

Unfortunately, the card format helped only for a few days.
When SD Card became full I again saw the information "Please insert an SD card into the camera to store records". Also in options “house with thief” there is message "Sd card works properly" and "SD memory 28.22GB / 29.71GB". It must be some bug in 1.2.4 firmware. It would be nice if the phone app will be to format the SD card remotely.
It is very problematic to constantly remove the card from the camera and format it on PC.
Options
2017-07-25 13:38:57
It's better to contact TP-Link support at support@tp-link.com
Options
2017-08-04 16:20:51
I have the same problem. At first, the machine worked very well but after 2 months, my 64GB memory card did not work sửa mũi nam
Options
2017-08-07 17:20:02
Is the SD card format FAT 32? NC450 only support this format and have compatible issue with other format.
Options
2017-08-07 17:33:27

stawik wrote

I also have a problem with SD card on my NC450 camera.After when I updating firmware to version 1.2.4 for some time all worked well.I use option “24 hour recording” and after some time my SD card (32GB SanDisk) became full.But for next few days the SD card was still detectable all the time and everything worked fine.However today, when I wanted to watch the historical recordings, I saw the information - "Please insert an SD card into the camera to store records".But I didn’t remove the SD card. Also in options “house with thief” there is message "Sd card works properly" and in the recording settings there is "SD memory 28.22GB / 29.71GB".I think this is a bug in the new software related with the 24 hour recording option.As I'm on vacation I can’t format the sd card or reset the camera.It would be nice to add these options in to the tpCamera application.

Is the card format FAT32? You may try to use deaseus to totally format it and make sure there is no other files in the SD disk.
Your case is wired. You may email TP-Link support for help. Perhaps you can get more suggestion.
Options
2017-08-07 17:35:50

CZ-tequila wrote

Model : NC450

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 1.2.4

I have a similar problem with SD card. Card is recognized but with wrong size, instead of 16GB size is mentioned on application just 4GB. Everything is working even with storing but dont understand why only 25% of card capacity is used as there is support till 32GB cards sizing.

I try to format card in PC (size 16GB, fat32) successfully, PC and other devices can loaded card till 15,8GB without problem. But if this card is stored in NC450 I have again information that just 4GB is used.

Anyone know where is the issue?

I will try to used another card to see if this is card problem or camera problem to eliminate this...

BR, Martin

Hi, is your issue solved? You may format the SD card again and restart the camera.
Options
2017-08-08 22:58:06
I have a Beta version firmware for the NC450 for this problem ( i hope) read tp-link support

The issue I found is that its related with daylight saving time zone.
For the V1.2 of firmware, the time of timeline has one hour ahead than device time for the daylight
saving time zone. For example. if the device time is 8:00 am (UTC +1), the pointer will be directed
to 9:00 in the timeline and no video will be recorded, and you need to go back one hour to look.
I think this issue may cause customer's problem, and this issue will be fixed in the next firmware
V1.3, the fastest release time is estimated to be the late July/ begin August .

Met vriendelijke groet,

TP-Link Customer care
Options
Related Articles