Tapo C210 not connecting to 2ghz router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-26 13:24:42
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, im trying to get my Tapo C210 connected to my wifi. I've split out the 2 and 5ghz into 2 bands.

For argument sake the WIFI SSIDs are: (5ghz and then 2.4)

MYROUTER12345

and 

MYROUTER12345-24

Im on Channel 11 and have tried 20, 40 and auto however neither seem to show up. 

What is even more strange is that i live in a block of flats and there are literally houses above and below all with internet, 3 above, 2 either side, 3 below and both my laptop and phone can see every signal. However the TPLINK see's nothing.

I've tried to set up the device using the tapo app but can't find it.

I've also switched off the 5ghz network and tried again and still it didn't work.

Do you have any ideas?

Many thanks

Paul

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo C210 not connecting to 2ghz router
2021-11-29 03:02:23

@Paulious22 

Please check out FAQ -Case2 for some basic troubleshooting like factory reset camera etc. 

What should I do if I fail to configure Tapo Camera?

Also 1)  make sure other devices could see router SSID 2) locate Camera closer to router during set up

If still the same issue, can you help confirm some details to help dignose the issue: 

1.Model of router

2.Could camera detect other nearby Wi-Fi signals?

2. At camera's location, use Wi-Fi analyzer or InSSIDer app or software to scan for router's SSID and share a photo , thank you!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 588

Replies: 1

Related Articles