Steckdosen trennen nicht mehr den Stromfluss beim Ausschalten

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-11 03:24:05 - last edited 2022-03-17 13:44:49
Model: HS100-KIT  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.1.5

Ich habe eine Menge dieser HS100er Steckdosen im halben Haus verteilt. Am Anfang war ich sehr zufrieden mit den Steckdosen aber bei zwei oft genutzten Steckdosen gibt es mittlerweile das Phänomen das man beim Ausschalten ein leises "klick" hört und laut App und LED an der Steckdose diese ausgeschaltet ist aber in Wirklichkeit fließt noch immer Strom!!!

Das bedeutet hier in dem Fall unter Umständen ein Sicherheitsrisiko für Leib und Leben wenn man sich darauf verlässt.

Bekannter von mir hat Bügeleisen/Wasserkocher dran gehängt, da er sehr vergesslich ist. Obwohl man in der App hier kontrollieren kann ob das Gerät ausgeschaltet ist, kann man sich darauf nicht verlassen. Ja - doofes Beispiel aber man kann es so nutzen!

In meinem Fall nutze ich die Steckdosen zum Fernsteuern von PC-Systemen (hoch/runter fahren) ohne weit entfernte Standorte erst  anfahren zu müssen. Ebenfalls doof wenn man die Systeme abschaltet aber die Steckdosen laut App aus sind aber die Systeme sich aufgrund fehlendem Power OFF nicht mehr bei Power On einschalten lassen.

Man muss mehrfach die Steckdose schnell Einschalten, Ausschalten und das solange, bis es ein lautes "klick" beim Ausschalten gibt.

Sonst bleibt die Steckdose dauerhaft an.

Ebenfalls Abhilfe ist ein mehr oder weniger leichter Schlag mit einem Gegenstand auf die Steckdosenseite oder wenn die Steckdose in einem Mehrfachstecker liegt, wenn man diesen leicht auf den Boden klopft.

Dabei ist es vollkommen egal ob die Steckdose über Kopf montiert ist oder als Wandmontage oder auf dem Boden liegend.

Hier scheint die Mechanik für Schaltvorgänge schon nach wenigen Jahren überfordert zu sein.

Telefonisch konnte ich hier keine Lösung finden. Einziger gut gemeinter Tipp = anderen Standort für die Steckdose suchen.... Montageort ändern...

Realy?? angry

Können die Steckdosen repariert werden?

Zu TP-Link einschicken? Da ich die Dinger in "Massen" gekauft habe, kann ich nicht nachvollziehen welche Steckdosen wann gekauft wurden. Auf den Rechnungen stehen keine Seriennummern und registrieren konnte man die auch nicht wirklich irgendwo.

Wie ist der Ablauf?

Danke für einige Tipps.

Vielen lieben Dank und ein schönes Wochenende

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Steckdosen trennen nicht mehr den Stromfluss beim Ausschalten-Solution
2022-03-17 03:18:49 - last edited 2022-03-17 13:44:49

Hello  @afds 

The load should be fine for HS100 plug. Opening the unit for fixing it will void warranty.You could also try to reach local support and to check warranty, you could forward the information here in forum and also the proof of purchase to local support. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Support

Or see if retailer could do anything for you, thank you for your time with troubleshooting. 

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Steckdosen trennen nicht mehr den Stromfluss beim Ausschalten
2022-03-14 08:25:36 - last edited 2022-03-14 08:27:14

Hello   @afds 

thank you for your detailed post, I'm sorry to hear that 2 smart plugs do not operate correctly as it should, if you could hear the 'click ' sound on smart plug but it will not power on/ off the connected device,it is possible the plug is defective. 

Try to manually press the ' Power' button on plug and see if could turn device ON/ OFF

Try a factory reset by pressing the ' settings' button looks like a ' wheel' on the front of plug for 5 secs , and see plug as it should. 

If still the same behavior on the plug, it should be faulty, you may need to contact the retailer or local customer service to check device warranty.

Hope this helps. 

Options
2022-03-15 13:07:11

Hello Solla-topee

Of course the socket is defective laugh Otherwise the current would be disconnected mechanically when it is switched off - which is not the case.

The question is - why does it not disconnect properly? Is perhaps a spring too weak? A defective microswitch?

Pressing the power button mechanically doesn't help either. The current is not disconnected here either. Either it helps to switch on and off very quickly one after the other until the separation takes place or a blow against the socket which carries out the current separation.

My reseller can not help me because he no longer has the article in stock. He can not tell me whether he can offer the article again. I can get a refund only that does not solve my problem!

A factory reset can not solve mechanical problems wink

If I break both legs, I can not run with another pants devil

Now from the reported error pattern - I can not put the sockets themselves instant?

If I already have 2 pieces in the inventory, I can not imagine that I am an isolated case and such a failure pattern must be noticed in the meantime.

Is there any documentation on this that could be sent to me via private message?
I am aware that in this case I will have no further warranty claims and that any work is done at your own risk. But fortunately I am allowed to work on electronic devices due to my training.

Options
2022-03-16 14:21:31 - last edited 2022-03-16 14:33:18

Hello  @afds 

If manually pressing the power button on smart plug can not cut off power of the connected device, that's usually some hardware defect unit and it is recommended to check warranty with retailer. 

That's could be a faulty relay inside the plug or plug related chip is faulty. From your description, it sounds some internal opponent gets loose.

Can I know what is the device usually to the plug and its Power consumption or wattage? Did the plug hit the ground before? 

Please check this FAQ some home appliances with an instantaneous peak power need to be taken notice of: Q13: What kind of power appliance can be powered on by TP-Link Smart plug?

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1390/

Options
2022-03-16 18:26:24

Hello  @Solla-topee 

the socket has never fallen down. Why should it? First of all, then I should have dropped 2. Fortunately, I'm not that clumsy yet.
However, it was mounted overhead from the first operation.
Under the table is a power strip where the HS100 sockets are mounted. A complete computer system (PC, monitor, speakers) is connected to each socket. The maximum load is 850 watts under full load. But that is rarely the case. Normally, there are around 300 to 400 watts.

According to telephone support, such an "overhead installation" is not permitted, although I could not find this information anywhere in the documentation. Allegedly, the sockets may only be operated on the wall or lying on the floor.

My dealer no longer has the sockets on sale and can no longer exchange them due to warranty claims. Only my money I can get back. However, this is not a real solution to my problem.

If it's just relays, then yes I can replace them.

I cannot imagine that it is a problem with the chip, as it should not have any real influence on the disconnection of the power.
Either the connection is established and there is power or the connection has been disconnected and there is no more power. There should be nothing in between.

Options
Re:Steckdosen trennen nicht mehr den Stromfluss beim Ausschalten-Solution
2022-03-17 03:18:49 - last edited 2022-03-17 13:44:49

Hello  @afds 

The load should be fine for HS100 plug. Opening the unit for fixing it will void warranty.You could also try to reach local support and to check warranty, you could forward the information here in forum and also the proof of purchase to local support. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Support

Or see if retailer could do anything for you, thank you for your time with troubleshooting. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-03-17 13:44:26

You are right  @Solla-topee 

opening the hardware is a void of warranty. Thank you a lot for the hint with the support link. I will try this way. Maybe this is the best option for me. Fortunatelky i still have two unused hs110 lying here. I just have to integrate them somehow into the system and get ghem configured correctly.

Then i can take the faulty plugs out of my system.

I think next week i will try it.

Thank you for your help laugh

Options
2022-03-17 13:50:35

@afds I'm glad to help, thank you for your time with troubleshooting!cool

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 3745

Replies: 7

Related Articles