Make idle timing optional

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-09 08:47:24 - last edited 2022-09-09 08:48:27
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.21

I would like to monitor my home/kids/nanny from work. However after 2 minute on multiple cam view, app pops up a window saying "You have viewed the live video for 2 minutes without any operation. Continue the viewing?"

Also at home I have 2.4 GHz and 5GHz networks, Tapo can only use 2.4GHz, I am using 5GHz for better performance. The app still thinks I am on a different WiFi, even though all devices are on the same IP subnet, and shows the same idle message. 

People are purchasing your camera for security, to view their house/nanny/kids. This "feature" makes your product completely useless

I have broadband connection at both place so bandwidth usage is not a concern, so don't tell me to save bandwidth you have implemented this feature.

I don't want to deal with 3rd party software, RTSP, port forwarding etc. so please don't suggest that as well.

I have tried other brands, none of them has this issue. I don't want to start talking about other issues that you have not fixed over the years but I regret that I have chosen Tapo cameras.

This idle issue has been addressed multiple times in this community, even 2 years ago! Just make the idle timing optional so we can view the video continuously.

My suspicion is that tp-link insist on keeping this feature to limit the usage on their server side, that has to be reason. If I am right than include this feature in "tapo care", who pays can watch video stream continuously. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 224

Replies: 0

Related Articles