Increased Recording Schedule Resolution (Timing)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-28 02:32:19 - last edited 2022-09-28 02:33:24
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.25

Greetings all,

Just purchased a TP-Link TAPO C310. I was wondering if there was a way to improve the timing/resolution of scheduled recording onto an SD card? Currently, it can only be set in hourly blocks.

Essentially, I just wish to record for 1-2 minutes at the start of each hour. I am planning to install this camera remotely connected to a cellular modem/router. I have successfully been able to connect using an NVR to a hosted machine through a VPN, which allows me to refine the schedule as I wish, however the data consumption is obviously extremely large. No wifi connection at the site. I am assuming the recording schedule set through the app talks to the MCU directly or is there a command that can be sent remotely to trigger recording onto the local SD card (such as when I press the record button on the app)? T

he reason for wifi/cellular is to just check on the live feed every other day for visual inspections. The other option was to use a relay to trigger the cameras power on and off but I found this results in corrupted video files. If I knew the period at which continuous recordings are saved to the SD card, I could possibly add a buffer in and discard every other corrupted file.

(on a side note, I also purchased a IMOU camera, and the quality and amount of documentation on the TP-LINK cameras is far superior!)

Thank you! :)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 179

Replies: 0

Related Articles