Connecting Tapo C310's from different networks to my Synology NAS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-16 17:11:14
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi fellas,

I'm new to this forum and in need for some help which I hope some of you can provide, or lead me in right direction.

I live in Sweden and have a Tapo C310 installed at my mothers house, I also have another one installed in my house in Bosnia & Herzegovina. I can follow the the cameras and the recordings locally from them on my iPhone. But I recently purchased a Synology DS220+ NAS which I want to somehow connect to my Tapo Cameras.

The installation is pretty simple when having the Cameras on the same network. But in my situation there are two different networks, and a third one(me). Is this possible to somehow configure? I thought you could link Tp-Link software but it looks like it is not possible.

Anyone that can help a brother out?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connecting Tapo C310's from different networks to my Synology NAS
2022-10-17 03:47:35

@JednaPiroga 
Thank you reaching out to us, to save video clips in the NAS, you will need to check if the NAS manufacture has a surveillance software or portal to set up  ONVIF connection and use NAS as the store, here is a related FAQ: 

How can I connect my Tapo camera to a NAS? - TP-Link

ONVIF Service Port: 2020
RTSP Service Port: 554

RTSP URL : rtsp:// camera IP Address:554/stream1
ONVIF URL: http://camera IP Address:2020/onvif/device_service

I recommend checking  Synology website and see if there is  any instruction to add camera into their software. Hope this can provide some help. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 686

Replies: 1

Related Articles