logs of events for tapo L510 bulb

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-25 18:22:13 - last edited 2022-12-25 18:27:14
Model: Tapo L510B  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2

hi,

I've noticed my tapo L510 light bulb seems to randomly turn on occasionally, just tonight it turned on 3 times no less than 5mins after i turned it off.

i was wondering if there's any logs I can't seem to find any in the android app to figure out why.

anything else i should look at/try? I don't have any smart hub devices.

ive got google home linked to tapo service but no automations setup. i recently relinked it to see if that would do anything, alas no.

doesn't appear to be much useful logging in google home either! geez how will we figure out what's going on when our smart homes start acting on thier own 😂

cheers 

Options
6 Reply
Re:logs of events for tapo L510 bulb
2022-12-26 01:21:17 - last edited 2022-12-26 03:51:22
Hi   @stevene 

Thank you for reaching out the community ,
The behavior might be related to Schedule/ Shortcut/Automation settings in the Tapo APP, or related some third party apps like Google/Alexa etc.  
To isolate the issue, you can check try below steps
- Please disable the Tapo  skill in the third party app temporarily
- Factory reset one of the tapo device and see if the behavior is gone 
How to reset the Tapo smart bulb

-You can also connect the tapo bulb to a Guest Wi-Fi network (which is isolated from the main network and rule out the affec from your local devices )and see if the issue is gone. 

If the issue persists,  can yoy help confirm some information for us  look into it further 

1. The Device Name or MAC address of the device which has this issue (please share via PM )
  2. Your local time zone 
  3. At what time the smart device randomly turn on/ off and describe the behavior in detail:

for example, at 8:08AM (UTC-8) , the living room lamp turn on by itself, and immediately goes off/ or stay on 

thanks!

Options
2022-12-26 02:51:32 - last edited 2022-12-26 02:53:17

@Solla-topee thanks but I've already tried a factory reset and not linked google home. 

what exactly do you mean disable 3rd party skill? is that a setting in tapo or just don't link it to google home?

what i need to do now is find out why it's doing this stll from some kind of logs of activity as its connected to the kasa cloud, it should have something?

Options
2022-12-26 03:47:59 - last edited 2022-12-26 03:50:44

Hello   @stevene 

Thank you for your fast reply!

1. ' what exactly do you mean disable 3rd party skill? is that a setting in tapo or just don't link it to google home?' 

- Try not linking Tapo to google or any third party apps. 

In Google home app, you can tap one smart device> tap 'Wheel' icon on the right top> unlink Tapo * Note this will unbind the tapo account from Google, you can relink relink anytime later

2. I'm afraid there is no activity logs for the bulb, you could provide the time of the issue & device MAC or Device name as mentioned above,  I'd like to escalate your case to the engineer and see if they have a way to trace what happened. 

You can also link the tapo bulb to the Guest Wi-Fi network (which is isolated from the main network and local devices ) and see if the issue is gone. 

Options
2022-12-26 05:46:49 - last edited 2022-12-26 05:48:17

@Solla-topee 

it happened around 1230am - 2am AWST this morning 26/12/2022. 4 times it turned on without me interacting with it. the last few were right before 2am.

do you need any other information to escalate it? i have sent a support email about this too.TKID221245800

Options
2022-12-26 06:16:37 - last edited 2022-12-26 06:18:29

Hello  @stevene 

Thank you!

If possible, please share more exact time preferably in minutes.  We still need the MAC address of your bulb, you can share the MAC address via PM by clicking on my profile. 

Options
2022-12-26 06:49:26

@Solla-topee thank you message sent. i may test it on a guest network, but as i do work in IT, im pretty sure its nothing i have on my home network interfering with it as i have been monitoring its IP address and it's only making connections to the Tapo service.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 768

Replies: 6

Related Articles