Kasa smart plug time zone does not match my app.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-04 09:17:16

On the device, it says its time zone is 'Dawson' and is reporting Pacific time, but the app is set to New York Eastern Time.

I have restarted the plug twice, pulled it out of the socket, counted to thirty, plugged it back in. Still stuck on the wrong time zone.

have a Kasa smart plug/outlet (the outdoor dual device version) and I cannot figure out how to get it to match the time zone that I have set in the app.

Makes setting timers in the APP pretty much worthless.

I had not realized that Hubitat had added Kasa support, so I pulled in the Kasa app, added those outlets to the devices, and set up my timer automation there.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Kasa smart plug time zone does not match my app.
2023-01-05 03:14:00 - last edited 2023-01-05 03:42:57

@ShamoroDaryo 

Thank you for the case report and sharing problem details. 

1. Can you try to sync time for the kasa APP and see if the device time & APP time are the same. 

What should I do if my Kasa device doesn't synchronize the time correctly?

2. Ensure you have give kasa app the ' Location' permission on your phone, this may help the app to sync to the correct time. 

In phone settings> search bar> Kasa >APP  Permissions> location 

May I know, do you use an Andriod or IOS device?  If you continue to face the issue, please also check my PM and help collect the APP log. 

Can you share some relevant screenshot of the device time & app time here in the community,  may I know your local time zone & your TP-Link ID (you can share via PM by clicking my profile )thank you.

Options
Re:Kasa smart plug time zone does not match my app.
2023-01-06 09:03:12

Hi  @ShamoroDaryo 

May I know were you able to get correct time for the Kasa device? Any new observations are much appreciated!  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 882

Replies: 2

Related Articles