Night Vision Hardly Visible

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-21 16:27:21 - last edited 2023-03-21 16:28:46
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Attached is how the night vision looks in my new C310.

There is hardly anything visible.

Is this the best I can get or are there any fixes to improve the quality of video feed in the night?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Night Vision Hardly Visible
2023-03-22 08:00:09

@Pradee 

Is there a light source covering the bottom of the screen? From the picture, the screen is focused on the bottom fence, which makes other areas darker.

If there is a light source at the bottom, it is recommended that you try to turn off the light source and test it. Or try to move the lens up a bit, shrinking the part of the bottom fence to avoid the focus of the lens here.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-03-26 07:20:28

@Wayne-TP 

Thanks for looking into this.

There was no light source as such.

I moved the lens up a bit, and the visibility improved.

But now, I am seeing white spots on the screen during the night time. What could be causing this?

Options
2023-03-29 07:54:04

@Pradee 

Is the camera placed behind a glass? Please try to adjust the direction of the camera to monitor the indoor environment, and test whether the same issue still exists in the night vision mode. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 434

Replies: 3

Related Articles