Rich Notifications Not Working, No Snapshot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-26 14:18:22

I signed up for Tapo Care 30-day trial, but when I get notifications, they are still without snapshots. Rich Notifications is ON. What's the problem? C200

Options
6 Reply
Re:Rich Notifications Not Working, No Snapshot
2023-03-27 07:42:46

@CamBeast 

Hello, thank you for the feedback. For this issue, here are some tips for you:

- Ensure both Tapo APP and camera firmware versions are up-to-date

- Check the notification permission of the Tapo APP in the phone's settings. Try to allow all the permission for a test. 

- Force close the APP and re-open it

- Test it with another phone

Can you share a screenshot of the notification you received? Please provide us your TP-Link ID/ Camera Mac address (via PM), the model and OS version of your phone, we'd like to look into this case. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-03-28 19:31:47 - last edited 2023-03-28 19:35:41

@Wayne-TP 

Tapo APP version is up to date: 2.15.1(512)

Model: C200

Firmware version: 1.3.0

Phone: Apple iPhone 7 iOS 15.7.4

Motion Detected shows no snapshot.

Person Detected shows only a small thumbnail.

Options
2023-03-29 11:30:50

@Wayne-TP

If I long-press on the Person Detected notification, a larger picture shows up 👍

However, Motion Detected notifications don't show any snapshots.

Options
2023-04-04 06:55:30 - last edited 2023-07-06 08:53:52

@CamBeast 

7/6/2023 Update

Correction:

Person, Pet, and Vehicle detection support rich notification. To receive a detection notification with snapshot, please ensure the related detection feature is enabled. 

Note: Detection functions may vary by product models, hardware, and firmware version. Refer to device details to check whether a feature is supported on your camera. Stay informed about any new features by following the release of firmware updates for the product.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-06-27 15:54:25

@Wayne-TP this seems contrary to the info contained within the app, I'm also experiencing the same issue.

Options
2023-07-06 08:57:22

@AlexWhite1 

Hello, thank you for the feedback. After confirming with the team, the rich notification applies to Person, Pet, and Vehicle detection. The object refers to pets and vehicles. 

The detection feature varies from different camera models, hardware, and firmware version. 

May I know what's the model, hardware and firmware version of your Tapo camera?

Options