AI Person Detection broken after last firmware update 1.3.5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AI Person Detection broken after last firmware update 1.3.5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:AI Person Detection broken after last firmware update 1.3.5
2023-05-05 03:17:36

@MotherMagpie 

Hello! The problem you're facing seems not the same problem as this thread. 

If there is false detection problem on your Tapo camera, this FAQ may help, check it out first! How to reduce motion detections from rain, snow or insects,etc

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
AI Person Detection broken after firmware update-Solution
2023-05-16 10:26:17 - last edited 2023-05-16 10:56:20

Hello everyone, we have received some feedback about the AI detection problem of Tapo Camera after updating the firmware to 1.3.5. If your Tapo camera encounters similar problems, check more details below.

*Start a new thread if the problem phenomenon is different.

*Reply to this thread if your camera model is not mentioned but it has the same phenomenon. 

This Solution Applies To:

Tapo C100/C200, TC60/TC70

Issue description/ Phenomenon

The cameras in the Tapo Care plan, with both Motion Detection and AI (Person) Detection enabled, after updating the firmware, every motion detection will trigger a duplicate AI (person) detection while there is no actual person detection event. 

Solution

We have made beta firmware for the affected models, we would like to invite you to join the beta test!

How can I apply for the beta firmware?

Please email support.forum@tp-link.com with the Title [Forum ID 606468] Model + Duplicate Person DetectionPlease include your TP-Link ID, Firmware and hardware version of your camera in the email.

How to update beta firmware: Beta update is the same as normal Tapo firmware update, refer to the instruction here: How to update the firmware of Tapo devices in the Tapo App

Note: The Beta firmware will be pushed to your TP-Link ID through the cloud, please ensure your camera stays online in order to receive the beta firmware. 

Be sure you have read the Terms and Conditions for TP-Link Beta Firmware before proceeding!

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
AI Person Detection broken after firmware update
2023-07-10 12:05:17

@Wayne-TP I have the exact problem with two c200. Upgrading firmware to 1.3.6 did not solved  my problem. All motion is detected as Ai Person. Even if I turn off motion detection, I still get cars and dogs as Ai Person. 

Options
AI Person Detection broken after firmware update
2023-07-13 07:46:10

@shade89 

Hello, thank you for the feedback. This solution is designed for situations where a motion event is marked not only as "motion detection" but also as "person detection" (even though no actual person is detected). In other words, an event is marked as both "motion detection" and "person detection".

The issue you reported appears to be related to inaccurate AI detection. I suggest that you create a new post and share device information (model, hardware and firmware version), detailed problem description, and relevant screenshots. We can further assist you by examining the information you provide.

Options

Tags

Motion Detection Tapo Care
AI person detection
Related Articles