C320WS - Really really bad lag on live view

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-26 21:41:22
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.5

Hi

I've just purchased a C320WS camera, set it all up, and found that there is a really bad delay between the real life image looking out the window, and the camera streaming to either my PC, or via the app on Androind.  I have timed it, and found it is around 32 seconds...

This means that I can have someone knock on my front door before they have even started to walk down the drive from the image via the camera.

I have checked the signal strength, and its medium (-51 RSSI).

According to the app, I'm on the latest firmware.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Best regards

James T

Options
6 Reply
Re:C320WS - Really really bad lag on live view
2023-07-27 06:25:53

@JamesT142 

Hi,
On the Tapo app, please click on the Tapo Cam and go to the Camera Settings>Advanced Settings>Display Settings, and then select the Compatible Mode and check if you can see the live view page quicker.

If the problem remains, please help confirm the following information.
1. Is your phone or PC connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the Tapo C320WS when watching it? Please check if your phone and PC have a fast and stable connection.
2. What's the model number and OS version of your phone? What's the version of the Tapo app?
3. Please check if the same problem happens when watching the camera with a different phone.

Best Regards!

Options
2023-07-27 09:20:40

@JamesT142 

Hi Solla-topee

Thanks for the swift response.

I've tried the compatibility mode, this made no difference, I've also dropped the camera resolution to 1080, and the 720 resolutions.  This has made no difference.

The RTSP feed and the App times are exactly the same.  The unit, router, phone and PC are all on my local home network.  The phone is a Realme 9, Android on version 13.

The App version is 2.16.112

I don't have a spare working phone, but as the time lag is the same on the RTSP feed, I am not sure this would be the issue.

The speed displayed is bouncing between 9KB/s and 43KB/s if this helps.

Best regards

James T

Options
2023-07-28 08:16:02

@JamesT142 

Hi,
Below are some tips for this issue, and please check if they will help in this case.
1. Change the 2.4G Wi-Fi channel and channel width on your wireless router.
2. Move the camera away from interferences in the environment, such as obstacles, electric devices, etc.
3. Connect the camera to your router by an ethernet cable, and then check if you can watch it on the app or PC quickly.

Please help confirm the following information for further analysis if the problem persists.
1. Your network diagram, such as Internet--wireless router)))Tapo C320WS.
What's the model number of the router? Is there a RE or AP between the router and the camera?
2. Please send me a picture of the ping test result on your PC when it pings the camera's IP continuously.

Best Regards

Options
2023-07-28 11:22:22

Hi

Thanks again.

I have tried to connect the camera via a network cable, this has made no difference to the lag.

It is not possible to move the camera as it is in the perfect position for my monitoring requirements.

The router is a Vodafone supplied unit, and the camera was plugged in directly with no AP, boosters or anything else inbetween.

The ping details on the network camera are below - 

Best regards

James T

Options
2023-07-28 17:36:43

@Solla-topee 

Hi

Just a quick - erm - ah...  I've solved the issue with the lag.

Thanks very much for all your help though.

The Router - Have you tried turning it off and on again???  (In my best IT Crowd voice wink)

Best regards

James T

Options
2023-07-31 10:29:06

@JamesT142 

Hi, thank you very much for your feedback, and glad to hear the problem is solved~smiley

Options