2 Way Audio over RTSP or ONVIF c320ws

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-11 07:29:20
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Hi,

Tapo c320ws doesn't seem to have the ONVIF back channel for audio or the Profile T for ONVIF. 

Does anyone know the outgoing audio URL for tapo c320ws so I can use the 2 way functionality outside of the tapo app which only works on mobile phones. 

P. S: I can hear the sounds from the camera fine. I am talking about sending audio from a client to the camera speaker

Options
3 Reply
Re:2 Way Audio over RTSP or ONVIF c320ws
2023-08-11 10:25:00 - last edited 2023-08-11 10:27:44

@NSaraf 

Hi, 
Currently, the Tapo camera does not support the ONVIF (Profile T) and it supports the standard ONVIF protocol (Profile S) only. 

It's recommended to talk with the person in front of the camera via the Tapo app.

Best Regards

Options
2023-08-11 10:41:50

@Solla-topee 

That's a very bad experience for me then.  Tapo app can only be used on mobile phones or tablets( worse experience IMO). So, if I want to use the functionality of the camera, instead of being able to use the dedicated screen which I am using for viewing my cameras, I need to get up and use a different device. I can't use a TV box as well given that the app is not supported on the TV boxes either. Also, I'm pretty much sure the Tapo app refuses to work without an active internet connection so in case my internet goes down. So goes my functionality to use the actual hardware I bought. 

Hopefully, TP link will add the profile T in a future firmware update or just add a back channel URL to the cameras. 

Options
2023-08-14 07:20:47

@NSaraf 

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback, and we certainly appreciate your feedback and feature request.
While we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.

(By the way, if you have inserted a microSD card into the camera to store video recordings and it's working fine, the camera will continue to detect and save video recordings to the SD card even if the camera loses internet connection.)

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1137

Replies: 3

Related Articles