Notifications keep appearing in Tapo-app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-18 07:52:27
Tags: #Tapo Care #Notifications

This must be a bug. Notifications keep reappearing in the Tapo app (iOS 16.). 
If I Mark all as read they keep getting that red dot to indicate they are new notifications. 
The app is updated to latest version. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Notifications keep appearing in Tapo-app
2023-08-18 10:57:33

@Scratchen 

Hi,
It's normal to receive notifications on the Tapo app>Home>Message icon if your Tapo devices' notification features are enabled.

If you have disabled the notification feature for your device, but the new notifications keep appearing on the Message for that device, please help confirm the following information for further analysis.
1. What's the model number and MAC address of the device that disabled the notification feature?

2. Take a Tapo Camera as an example, please tap the camera model card on the Home page to enter the Live View page>>tap the Settings icon at the top right corner to enter the Camera Settings page>>Tap Detection&Alerts>>Activity Notifications, please send me a picture of the notification settings page. 

On the Tapo app>>Me>>Notifications, please send me the pictures of the System, Device Notifications>Management, and Do Not Disturb page.
I'll check if your devices' notification features are configured correctly.

3. On the Home page>Message icon, send me a picture that displays what notifications are received for your device.

Best Regards

Options
2023-08-19 08:39:52

@Solla-topee 

Maybe I wasn't clear enough, sorry. 
I have all notifications enabled. 
In the morning when I'm scrolling through last nights movements I usually don't look at all

of them, just a few. When I'm done I "mark all

as read", and then all the red dots on the notifications within the Tapo app disappear. 

If I close the app and reopen in an hour later, the same

notifications that I previously marked as read, are now "new" with a red dot. 

This happens for all my cameras, I have six. Three C500 and three C225. 

Options
2023-08-21 11:57:15

@Scratchen 

Hi,
Thank you for the detailed explanation. I have sent the instruction to you to collect the app log for further analyze the issue via private message, please help collect the app log and send it to us. 
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 629

Replies: 3

Tags

Tapo Care
Notifications
Related Articles