True cloud not accessible while away from home

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-07 07:34:02 - last edited 2023-10-08 09:10:31
Tags: #Tapo Care #Remote Control
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.5

Hi,

I recently bought the Tapo C320WS camera and it seems to be working excellent, however, I am on the 3rd day of 30 days free True cloud subscription. 

The first two days, I was able to connect and remotely view my camera and get rich notifications even when I was about a mile away from home but since yesterday every time I'm away from home, the Tapo app shows that my camera is offline and I cannot excess anything. I don't even get any notifications. 

I don't know what the issue is.

The wifi router to which the camera is connected gives excellent signal and is placed just a meter away from the camera with no obstacles in between and the android phone in which the home wifi and the Tapo app is installed has its own excellent internet connection 24/7. 

I just am not able to understand how the True cloud worked only for 2 days and then it's useless now. How am I supposed to subscribe to the True cloud plans if this is how it malfunctions?

I am having other issues with the app as well ( like some  false person detection, slow notifications, video freeze etc) but this one seems by far the most urgent as it totally defies the promised function of being able to monitor your home from anywhere. 

Please help.

Options
1 Reply
Re:True cloud not accessible while away from home
2023-10-08 09:23:06

@Vijayashri_84 

Hi, 
From the problem phenomenon, it seems the camera has no internet access so you fail to control it remotely, and this problem is not caused by the Tapo Care service.

In this case, please ensure the Wi-Fi that the camera connects to has internet access and the wireless router does not have special rules(such as access control, MAC filtering, etc.) configured for the camera. 
And you can change the DNS server to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 on the router to check if it helps.

If the problem remains, please help confirm the following information.
1. The LED status on the camera, such as solid green, solid red, etc.
2. Please describe your network diagram, and what's the model number of your router?
3. Can you control the camera on the phone when it connects to the same Wi-Fi as the camera?

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1525

Replies: 1

Tags

Tapo Care
Remote Control
Related Articles