KE100 Radiators Turning on at Night

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-24 10:22:08 - last edited 2023-12-06 06:26:13
Model: KE100 KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.4.0

I recently bought a set of KE100s and have set them in the upstairs bedrooms. I have smart control enabled, 20c between 18:30 and 22:00 every night and they work great during evening and day.

However they keep turning on at random times during the night, despite being set to off, which is very loud and keeps waking us up. Last night they started moving at 3:30am, despite them being set to off (5c frost protection), night mode enabled (from 22:00 to 6:30) and the boiler itself being off. The temperature at 3:30am was 19c in the room.

I would like them to be completely silent during the night, I would be quite happy if we could set them to automatically go into 'sleep mode - valve open' overnight, to prevent them making any smart adjustments and when the main heating turns on they would just start heating up automatically, but sleep mode does not appear to be programmable and must be manually turned on and off.

I have run the calibration on all.

Is there any way to stop them making ANY adjustments at night, preferable with the valve open? If I can't stop them making noises at night then we'll have to take them out of the bedrooms and send them back.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:KE100 Radiators Turning on at Night-Solution
2023-11-08 16:30:21 - last edited 2023-12-06 06:26:31

@Rich_85 

Yes I did and it did prevent the valves making opening noises in the morning, and it seemed better but I got noises in the night anyway. I spoke with support and they were able to correlate the time of the noise with a firmware update. The firmware update causes a calibration, which is particuarly noisy. Firmware update time can be changed in the hub settings (which changes the update time for all the valves too).

I'm still testing to see if that fixes the issue.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-11-10 07:01:47 - last edited 2023-12-06 06:26:13

@Rich_85 

When is the Auto Update time set for your KE100? <Find it through KH100's firmware update page.> 

If the time is set in the evening, this issue may be caused by firmware upgrades triggering automatic recalibration of the device. It is recommended to change the automatic upgrade time and observe whether the issue persists.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:KE100 Radiators Turning on at Night
2023-10-30 07:49:00

@DJSUK 

Can you recall when this problem started? Please provide the time points and frequency at which the device experiences automatic restarts (e.g., daily, several times a week, or has it only occurred once).

To assist you efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:KE100 Radiators Turning on at Night
2023-11-08 15:51:44

@DJSUK 

I have the same issue. Did you get a positive reply? 

The only thing I have thought of, but not yet tried is;

When you go to bed set the rad temperatures to max and let your boiler turn off. 

So the rad valves are on 30c all night but receiving no hot water.  Presumably no reason for them to alter if they are trying trying get the room to maximum ( which can't be achieved). 

In the morning your boiler comes on and the rad valves are already fully open. 

So no annoying noises that wake up your household before your alarm clock. 

Have you tried this. I'm getting in trouble with all the tinkering! 

Options
2023-11-08 16:30:21 - last edited 2023-12-06 06:26:31

@Rich_85 

Yes I did and it did prevent the valves making opening noises in the morning, and it seemed better but I got noises in the night anyway. I spoke with support and they were able to correlate the time of the noise with a firmware update. The firmware update causes a calibration, which is particuarly noisy. Firmware update time can be changed in the hub settings (which changes the update time for all the valves too).

I'm still testing to see if that fixes the issue.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-11-10 07:01:47 - last edited 2023-12-06 06:26:13

@Rich_85 

When is the Auto Update time set for your KE100? <Find it through KH100's firmware update page.> 

If the time is set in the evening, this issue may be caused by firmware upgrades triggering automatic recalibration of the device. It is recommended to change the automatic upgrade time and observe whether the issue persists.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 610

Replies: 4

Related Articles