On the site, TP LINK says that you can view the camera video on the PC screen. Not possible !

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

On the site, TP LINK says that you can view the camera video on the PC screen. Not possible !

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-29 10:28:14
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.7

I have downloaded the Tapo app on my smart phone.

Bought the TP LINK Tapo C310 camera and brought it into my network.

I've put in a memory card.

With the app on the smartphone, I can see the pictures and video's.  No problem.

In the camera, I fill in the camera account with username and password.

On VLC I use the video stream and put in the IP address.

I get a pop-up for user name and password.

But then VLC says he can not open it.

So I use you FAQ and on your website you say that I can see the video with the ISPY app.

But you have to buy this app.

I have bought the C310 and on you site you say that I can see the video on my PC.  Do you find it normal that I have to pay again? 

So I bought the ISPY app.  And now I can see a lot of camera's off the whole world but I can not implement my camera.

Nowhere I can implement a new camera.

So did I buy the wrong app?  

I just want to see the live video feed on my monitor.

Why must it be so difficult?

This is not why I bought this camera.

I need to see the video live on my PC and later I want it on my RPi

Can TP LINK give help ?

Johan G

Options
3 Reply
Re:On the site, TP LINK says that you can view the camera video on the PC screen. Not possible !
2023-10-29 10:43:21

@JohanG 

Does TP LINK have shares in ISPY software?

On the FAQ in TPLINK they make the suggestion to use ISPY software.

But you have to pay for that software.

And it did not work for me, so I have deleted it from my PC.

I have start searching for other apps and as it is, there are a lot of other apps FOR FREE that you can use.

I downloaded another app FOR FREE and now it works perfect on my PC.

So because of TP LINK TAPO suggestion I bought the ISPY app.

TP LINK , I suggest you delete the explanation to use the ISPY app.

this is your link: 

https://www.tp-link.com/nl-be/support/faq/2680/

JohanG

Options
Re:On the site, TP LINK says that you can view the camera video on the PC screen. Not possible !
2023-10-29 11:33:20

@JohanG you just bought a wrong app, sorry to hear that.
Here is the download link of the actual iSpy software:
32bit: https://ispyfiles.azureedge. net/downloads/iSpy_7_2_6_0.zip (remove the space)

64bit: https://ispyfiles.azureedge. net/downloads/iSpy64_7_2_6_0.zip (remove the space)

Then extract the file you downloaded, run the executable and you can follow the guide how to add your Tapo camera to the software.

Options
2023-10-30 10:14:49

@JohanG 

Hi,
Since the Tapo C310 supports standard RTSP and ONVIF (Profile S) protocol, you can use third-party apps that support standard RTSP and ONVIF (Profile S) protocol on a PC to watch the camera.

As I checked on the iSpy website, it shows the app is free for personal and local use. You may have used the wrong app before.
https://www.ispyconnect.com/download.aspx

Usually, if you fail to watch the Tapo cameras via a third-party app, you can contact us with the following information, and we will try our best to help you solve the issue.
1) The model number of the Tapo cam.
2) The app you used on your PC.
3) Your network diagram, and if you watch the camera in the local network.
4) The steps you try to add the camera to the app.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 597

Replies: 3

Related Articles