Votes

Tapo App availability on Windows

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Viewing Tapo C200 through Windows 10 PC. Please vote on the main thread.

Votes

Tapo App availability on Windows

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Viewing Tapo C200 through Windows 10 PC. Please vote on the main thread.
27 Reply
Re:Tapo App availability on Windows
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@praxsi 

Try Home Remote app for Windows

https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9nblggh30wp5?hl=en-gb&gl=GB

Options
2 weeks ago

@praxsi 

Right, I know I can view my IP camera from my PC through several means, such as 

1. Using Onvif or RTSP, I can stream my IP camera feed through 

• 3rd party Windows apps such as iSpy, Camlytic, or just a simple VLC
  • using NVR and connecting my PC to the NVR instead of connecting to my IP camera

2. using Tapo Android app that (as of now) can only be accessed by using

• Android emulator, which sometimes screws up the resolution and orientation since the app is designed for phones, not pc, and often can't be opened. 
  • Using Windows Android subsystem, which is only available to the USA and a few nations, and even if my nation is also included in the list, I still need to find an unofficial app from the internet since apparently (as of my knowledge) Tapo app isn't available on Amazon App Store.

Look, I also have Tp Link NC200, bought in 2016, and right now, it is still alive. In its heyday, I can view my NC200 feed from www.tplinkcloud.com. Although, right now the web is no longer usable since Adobe stopped supporting Flash Player. So, the NC series already provided an example of how to offer simplicity for user to view Tapo from a Windows PC. The Dev can make a website simmilar to the NC series, or make the Tapo App available for Windows.

I just want to access my Tapo recording from my PC. Can I only do such a thing by using an Android emulator or using NVR? Does TP-Link have any plan to expand Tapo App availability to Windows PCs in the future?  Will Matter certification make any difference? Like for example, after Matter certified, can I pair my IP camera to an app that is available on Windows PC?

Note, I already gave feedback to Tapo app email, but I got no response, so I hope somebody from Tp-Link will reply to my thread.

Options
2 weeks ago

@LABID 

Hi
You can vote and leave your usage scenario on the thread "Viewing Tapo C200 through Windows 10 PC" if you want a Tapo app available to the Windows PC, we will keep logging the request and forward them to the relevant team for evaluation.
Currently, no camera is Matter certified and I can't confirm if the feature you requested is available.

Best Regards

Options
2 weeks ago

@praxsi 

Hi,

I would love to have this feature!!

I work from home and take care of my grandma at the same time and this was a plus in my day because i could see her in one monitor and work in the other and leave my phone alone because ussing the app all day is draining and damaging my baterie.

Options
a week ago

@Filipa7 

Hi,
In your usage scenario, you can watch the Tapo camera on your computer via RTSP/ONVIF protocols.
How to view Tapo camera on PC/NAS/NVR through RTSP/Onvif Protocol
Best Regards

Options
a week ago

@praxsi That would be great, also using it to view the sensors.

Options
a week ago

@praxsi 

Options