Schedule not working without internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-08 05:53:21 - last edited 2023-11-13 06:43:42
Model: Tapo P100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

I've seen a few threads saying the Tapo P100 schedule works when the internet is not available but I am not experiencing this. I have a single plug for my internet router and I set up a schedule to turn it off and night and on in the morning. It goes off alright but does not come back on in the morning. I conducted a seperate test to turn it off and back on and got the same result. So can we confirm that this smart plugs schedule does not work when the internet is not available?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Schedule not working without internet-Solution
2023-11-10 10:34:55 - last edited 2023-11-13 06:43:42

@LindsayR 

I'd like to confirm whether you use the Schedule feature on the plug or the Automation feature. It's worth noting that automation also supports triggering the device on and off at specific times, but it relies on an internet connection to function.

Try to replace the device connected to the plug with something else, or leave it unplugged. Then, disable the network connection for the plug on the router and retest to see if the plug's schedule functions in this scenario.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Schedule not working without internet-Solution
2023-11-10 10:34:55 - last edited 2023-11-13 06:43:42

@LindsayR 

I'd like to confirm whether you use the Schedule feature on the plug or the Automation feature. It's worth noting that automation also supports triggering the device on and off at specific times, but it relies on an internet connection to function.

Try to replace the device connected to the plug with something else, or leave it unplugged. Then, disable the network connection for the plug on the router and retest to see if the plug's schedule functions in this scenario.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Schedule not working without internet
2023-11-10 21:57:32 - last edited 2023-11-13 06:43:37

@Wayne-TP 

Very good point, thanks Wayne, I was indeed using automation and not the schedule. I have set up a schedule now instead and will test it today.

Thank you for the support

Options
Re:Schedule not working without internet
2023-11-11 00:51:10 - last edited 2023-11-13 06:43:39
All sorted, tested the schedule option and it works well, thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 747

Replies: 3

Related Articles