TAPO Sofware Keeps Forgetting my camera

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-08 13:07:20 - last edited 2024-02-21 09:54:25
Model: Tapo C500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2

This is the 3rd time that my TAPO software application forgets my camera which I installed on my boat. When I arrive at the boat, I can see the camera blinking and I can easily reinstall it. The WIFI Signal is Good (-55) and the firmware has been upgraded to the latest. The TAPO software has also been updated. I am very disappointed as this has happened at times when I really needed to have remote vew of my camera (being out of the country).

Appreciate the help in advance!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TAPO Sofware Keeps Forgetting my camera-Solution
2024-02-21 09:54:19 - last edited 2024-02-21 09:54:25

@Rach210906 

Hi, 
Usually, the camera won't factory reset itself. To locate and solve the problem, please help confirm the following information.

1. When the problem happens, please confirm the LED status on the camera and check if it's flashing green and red. Please also confirm the camera status on the Tapo app and check if it's disappeared on the Tapo app.

2. In case the camera is removed from the Tapo app by others who know your TP-Link ID and password, it's recommended to change the password of your TP-Link ID and enable the 2FA feature to protect your account.
What can I do if I forget my password of the cloud account?
Making Your Account More Secure: Introducing Two-Step Verification (2FA) for the Tapo App

3. If you have inserted an SD card into the camera to record video clips, please check if there are video clips recorded someone reset the camera manually by pressing the reset button.

4. Please send me(@Solla-topee) a private message with the format "Forum ID 649936+camera's model+camera's MAC address" soon once the problem happens for further analysis.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
16 Reply
Re:TAPO Sofware Keeps Forgetting my camera
2024-01-09 10:14:11

@Bassam_Sabry-74 

Hi,
From your phenomenon description, it seems the camera has an unstable issue since it has an abnormal LED status, and if the camera is working, the status LED should be solid green.
You can refer to the link below to troubleshoot if the camera keeps losing connection or going Offline.
What should I do if my Tapo smart camera keeps losing connection or going Offline?

Please help confirm the following information if the problem remains.
1. What troubleshooting you have done, and the test results.
2. The LED status on the camera when it shows offline on the Tapo app.
3. Is the camera connected to your router's Wi-Fi directly? How about the signal strength?

Best Regards

Options
2024-01-09 10:19:29 - last edited 2024-01-09 10:26:44

@Bassam_Sabry-74 

Thank you for your response and attempt to help. The camera led is showing green. Once it 'disappears' from the app on my phone, it immdiately goes into green red flashing mode (ready for pairing) and once I arrive at the boat and I start adding device, the whole process of addiion works flawlessly. But then after few days/weeks, it happends again. The issue is that the camera gets WIPED OUT of my phone app and I have to physically go to re-add it.

As for the verification steps, I have done all steps from One to Four. The only thing I did not do is changing the router settings since the camera (once working) is well connected, transmits video and audio normally and also saves to cloud as it should. 

if you look at the atteched screenshot... what happens is that basically the 'Boat' Camera DISAPPEARS from my list... It does not go offline, it just disappears from the list and I have to go and add it again in person.

File:
Boat Cam.jpgDownload
Options
2024-01-10 06:14:49

@Bassam_Sabry-74 

Hi,
Based on the phenomenon description, it should be the camera has been removed from the Tapo app, so you need to reconfigure it to make it work again. 
Usually, the Tapo app won't remove the camera automatically, if you don't remove the camera, it's recommended to change the password of your account and enable 2FA on the Tapo app to protect your account and prevent unauthorized access.
What can I do if I forget my password of the cloud account?
Making Your Account More Secure: Introducing Two-Step Verification (2FA) for the Tapo App

Best Regards

Options
2024-01-10 06:33:03

@Solla-topee Thanks a lot but I am sure there is no access issue here. I have a very secure password that no one knows except me. There is something between the app and the camera where the camera every couple of weeks gets wiped out totally from the app as I shared with you. 

Options
2024-01-10 09:39:24

@Bassam_Sabry-74 

Hi,
I found that the last unbind time of your camera is on Dec 22, 2023. It's too long from now, and I can't find the relevant log about the issue. The camera is working fine now, I recommend changing the password of your account and enabling the 2FA feature on the Tapo app to protect your account, meanwhile, please pay close attention to the status of the Tapo camera on your Tapo app and reply to us if the issue occurs again, and I will try to locate the cause of the problem.
Best Regards

Options
2024-01-10 10:00:20

@Solla-topee 

Appreciated. Indeed the camera got wiped out before Christmas (when I was away traveling) which was the time I needed to keep an eye on the boat from remote. It had to wait till I arrived on the 8th of Jan to reinstall it on the app. I will change the password and enable F2a as per your advice and let us cross fingers

Options
2024-01-10 10:04:22
Password now changed and I already had the 2 step verification enabled.
Options
2024-01-10 10:16:10

@Bassam_Sabry-74 

Hi,
Thank you for your cooperation, and please feel free to reply to us if there are any updates.
Best Regards

Options
2024-01-20 12:23:07

@Solla-topee 

Dear,

It happened again and I think I have a trace of what happened. 

1. I got a notification of a Person Detected

2. I open the notification, I go to the cloud and I can watch the cloud recorded video successfully.

3. I go back to the software and BOOM! The camera has disappeared. See screenshot.

Please help me

File:
TAPO screenshot.jpgDownload
Options
2024-01-22 06:50:05

@Solla-topee 

I regret to say that the camera disappeared again (almost now twice in the same day) yesterday at 21:20 approx (CET timing). This is becoming a real disappointing experience. Please let me know if this is something that we could fix or should I return the camera and find another solution.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1220

Replies: 16

Related Articles