Tapo P100 UK plugs keep turning off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-23 09:24:09 - last edited 2024-02-26 09:02:44
Model: Tapo P100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 230804 Rel. 190922

Hi all, 

I currently use around 4-5 P100 UK plugs around the house and have done without incident for around 18 months. Two of them - one connected to my TV and the other to my virgin box - are scheduled to turn off at night at around 11:30PM and turn back on at 8AM the next morning. I also have six Tapo smart lights in another part of the house. All of this is also paired with my google assistant enabling me to turn my plugs and lights on using my nest minis and screen. 

Over the last week or so, I've noticed that the tapo smart plugs specifically have been turning off on their own accord outside of their set schedule. Like, they'll power on at 8AM and then turn back off at some point between then and midday. When I turn them back on manually, they tend to turn back off within a couple of hours. I'm not sure whats causing this as this behaviour continues even after I disable the schedule and anything else which might be causing it (timers, etc). 

Can someone let me know what I need to do or if this requires some kind of firmware update at all? Looking at the firmware release, the last firmware update must have been last year around August time? (1.2.1 build 230804???)

Thanks in advance!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo P100 UK plugs keep turning off-Solution
2024-02-26 03:11:06 - last edited 2024-02-26 09:02:44

@ElPresso 

Have you checked the Away Mode? Are there any Tapo automation (Smart Action) rules that have these smart plugs involved?

You may also want to check if there is any automation or routines created for these smart plugs on Google Home. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Tapo P100 UK plugs keep turning off-Solution
2024-02-26 03:11:06 - last edited 2024-02-26 09:02:44

@ElPresso 

Have you checked the Away Mode? Are there any Tapo automation (Smart Action) rules that have these smart plugs involved?

You may also want to check if there is any automation or routines created for these smart plugs on Google Home. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Tapo P100 UK plugs keep turning off
2024-02-26 09:02:38

Yeah, thats done it! Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 371

Replies: 2

Related Articles