Votes

Feature Request - Tapo C120. Add a setting where spotlight turns on when motion detected.

Votes

Feature Request - Tapo C120. Add a setting where spotlight turns on when motion detected.

2024-04-10 17:03:21 - last edited Friday
Model: Tapo C120  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.12

Please add a setting where the spotlight turns on when motion is detected independent of whether it's day or night.  

This would be a good security measure.  If Wyze can do it, I'm sure TP-Link can also do it.  

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Feature Request - Tapo C120. Add a setting where spotlight turns on when motion detected. -Solution
2024-04-12 11:08:42 - last edited Friday

Hi All,
If a Tapo camera has spotlights, you can set the spotlights to turn on automatically when detecting events, and this feature works only when the camera works in the Night mode, which will help to capture color images.

If any users have an inquiry to let the camera's spotlight turn on when detecting events in the Day mode, please vote on this thread and describe your usage scenario for better evaluation.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
10 Reply
Re:Feature Request - Tapo C120. Add a setting where spotlight turns on when motion detected.
2024-04-11 08:14:26

@SDGTR 

Hi,
Could you please describe your usage scenario? Why do you want the spotlight turned on when an event is detected when the camera works in the Day mode?
Best Regards

Options
Re:Feature Request - Tapo C120. Add a setting where spotlight turns on when motion detected.
2024-04-11 13:49:44

@Solla-topee 

Sure, I currently have two C120s where this would be useful.  One is in a garage and there is sometimes enough natural light that the built-in spotlight won't turn on because it's not dark enough.  If someone were to go into the garage, the spotlight turning on would let them know that they are being watched.  It is a security measure.

It would also help me see a little better if I enter the garage from outside where I don't have access to the light switch.  

The second camera is overlooking a walkway and is facing a path light that's not very bright but still bright enough to sometimes keep the camera in Day mode.  Just like the garage light, I would like a spotlight to turn on when someone walks there at night so they know they are being watched.  

It is basically an added security measure.  Like I mentioned, Wyze does this with their OG cam and Cam V3 Pro.   

Options
Re:Feature Request - Tapo C120. Add a setting where spotlight turns on when motion detected. -Solution
2024-04-12 11:08:42 - last edited Friday

Hi All,
If a Tapo camera has spotlights, you can set the spotlights to turn on automatically when detecting events, and this feature works only when the camera works in the Night mode, which will help to capture color images.

If any users have an inquiry to let the camera's spotlight turn on when detecting events in the Day mode, please vote on this thread and describe your usage scenario for better evaluation.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-06-22 11:55:32

@Solla-topee 

+1 for the feature. This is why I bought the C120 thinking it'll be a deterrent for people walking into it's detection area.

Options
2024-07-31 04:46:18
+1 Same. I bought this camera thinking spot lights would come on when motion was detected.
Options
2024-08-12 03:35:40

@Solla-topee My use case would be having the camera in the peak of my garage and also on my front porch so when it detects a person it will turn on the spotlight so allow full color at night. 

another use would be to have it inside of my garage so when someone decides to break in I can make it turn on the alarm and flash lights in alarm mode.. 

This camera has very nice spotlight and I dont see any reason why it should only be a manual toggle

Options
2024-08-12 03:36:04 - last edited 2024-08-12 03:37:03

@Tech-Fan69 Its amazing it doesnt aleady, I'll be honest.. This should of never been released without it.  

PS.. Tapo Engineers.. please hire me so I can help..

Options
3 weeks ago

@SDGTR   100% agree with everybody about this issue.....  The c120 lights should turn on when something is detected....  I bought 2 of them thinking that is the way they would work... The Tapo flood light cam that I have works that way...   Please fix it Tapo...

Options
2 weeks ago
+1 for the feature. I changed out a wise camera with a spotlight to move over to tp-link cameras and it would be nice to have the same feature I had with them.
Options
RE:Feature Request - Tapo C120. Add a setting where spotlight turns on when motion detected.
a week ago
I thought the camera had a setting that wen motion detected light came on.Would be great if it had
Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 685

Replies: 10

Voters 5

+ 1 Voters