I don't receive alarm notifications. How to enable it?

2024-05-20 18:36:11
Model: Tapo H100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.12 Build 240320

I just bought Tapo sensors and a hub. They work very well with automations. I set up everything. When the motion sensor detects any movement, the hub rings an alarm. When I press the button, it turns off. This is all good.

But there is one big issue with this alarm system. When the alarm is triggered and rings at home, I do not receive any notification on my phone if I'm away. So, I only know the alarm rings when I'm home. This is problematic because I need to know if any motion happens in my home when I'm not there.

If I don't get notifications when I'm away from the Hub System, what's the point?

I have turned on all notifications, and everything is enabled on iOS.

I normally get every other notification from the Tapo app, like camera notifications or motion notifications.

Only the 'alarm notifications' don't work. What am I missing?

Options
3 Reply
Re:I don't receive alarm notifications. How to enable it?
2024-05-23 05:57:27

@MuratG 

Use the new skill added in the automation Action list, the "Send Me Notifications" option! Smart Action 2.0: Unlock Next-Level Smart Home Automation

Make sure your Tapo App has been updated to the latest version. Edit the current automation rule to add this new action, you can even customize the content of the notification.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-05-23 09:58:19

@Wayne-TP I use the latest version of app on iOS. Tried with 2 different phones. That feature is missing. I don't think I have Smart Action 2.0. How can I activate it?

Options
2024-05-24 08:34:59

@MuratG 

What's the version of your App? Do you see the "If (Condition)" option when creating a new automation?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options