Blurry Video Quality on Tapo C325WB - Cannot Capture License Plates

2024-07-23 13:40:17 - last edited 2024-07-23 13:43:57
Model: Tapo C325WB  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.9

Hi everyone,

I recently installed two units of the Tapo C325WB cameras and have been experiencing issues with video clarity. Despite setting the resolution to 2K QHD and HD, the footage remains blurry, making it impossible to capture details like car license plates.

Given that these are outdoor CCTV cameras, I expected much clearer images. I've ensured that the lenses are clean and the WiFi signal is strong. I'm attaching a link to an HD video for reference

Google Drive Link:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/102zmnY6Sc5cdioxafaYQ5_1vSt7ZnO3f?usp=sharing

Any suggestions on what might be causing this issue or potential solutions would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Blurry Video Quality on Tapo C325WB - Cannot Capture License Plates
2024-07-25 08:50:44

@jasonlaw 

How far is the vehicle across the street from the camera? Visually the distance is a bit far, the license plate will be too small to be read in this case. 

Tapo C325WB is a fixed-focus camera, the image resolution is constant and cannot be increased by zooming in. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 210

Replies: 1

Related Articles