Tapo C200 camera not detecting mice

2024-08-02 09:26:39
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.3.14

I'm experiencing an issue with my Tapo C200 camera related to detecting mice. The camera only detected a mouse once several months ago when it was moving slowly. Since then, even though I've found mouse droppings in my kitchen and had the camera recording all night with detection enabled, it has not detected any mouse activity.

I've manually reviewed the footage from the last night after finding the droppings and noticed that the camera captured the mouse moving, but it did not trigger any motion detection alerts. The camera seems to detect human movement and even dust or light particles well at night, but it’s not detecting the mice.

Is there a known issue with detecting small animals like mice? I can share a clip of the footage if it would help diagnose the problem.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo C200 camera not detecting mice
2024-08-05 08:50:16

@BNY78 

Hi,
Typically, you can refer to the instructions below to troubleshoot if the detection feature is not working.
Detection Is Not Working On TP-Link Camera

In this case, please help confirm:
1. Send me a picture of the Detection page on the camera's Device Settings page.
2. Send me a picture of the detection/activity zone.
3. Share a video showing there are mice moving but no detection notification received.

Best Regards

Options
2024-08-05 21:48:40

Hi @Solla-topee,

Thanks for the reply.

As previously mentioned, the detection works well for humans but has trouble with mice, having detected them only once or twice in the past. I regularly test the detection myself, and it consistently detects me.

Please find attached screenshots including the Detection settings page and detection/activity zone and a video showing there is a mouse moving but no detection notification received.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Best regards,

File:
mouse_video.mp4Download
Options
2024-08-07 10:56:08

@BNY78 

Hi,

I have reported the issue to the tech team, and they will likely reach out to you via email to continue troubleshooting your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 235

Replies: 3

Related Articles