Kasa widget on MacOS desktop?

2024-08-14 04:51:15 - last edited 2024-08-19 02:16:55
Model: KP303  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5

Hello!

Just installed the Kasa app on my laptop.  Within the app I can add items to a widget (which suddenly works on my phone, if you saw my previous topic), but I can't see how to add the widget to the sidebar/desktop. 

Is there a way of enabling the widget on MacOS? Would be handy to have on my desktop also!

M1 Max, MacOS 14.4.1

Cheers,

Mike

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Kasa widget on MacOS desktop?-Solution
2024-08-16 03:31:03 - last edited 2024-08-19 02:16:55

@3_50 

Kasa App is available for mobile devices only, PC version is not supported. 

However, since the introduction of the M1 chip in MacBook, the Mac App Store has supported all iOS Apps, user is able to download an iOS app from the Mac APP Store despite it is not designed and verified for MacOS.

Hence, We cannot tell or guarantee whether the Kasa App will work on a MacBook, nor do we have any information on its supported features on macOS.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Kasa widget on MacOS desktop?-Solution
2024-08-16 03:31:03 - last edited 2024-08-19 02:16:55

@3_50 

Kasa App is available for mobile devices only, PC version is not supported. 

However, since the introduction of the M1 chip in MacBook, the Mac App Store has supported all iOS Apps, user is able to download an iOS app from the Mac APP Store despite it is not designed and verified for MacOS.

Hence, We cannot tell or guarantee whether the Kasa App will work on a MacBook, nor do we have any information on its supported features on macOS.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Kasa widget on MacOS desktop?
2024-08-16 09:34:35

@Wayne-TP  Thanks for getting back to me. 

As far as I can tell, the app works flawlessly on my M1 max MBP!  Not to worry about the widget, just checking I wasn't missing a step in activating it. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 172

Replies: 2

Related Articles