Water sitting in bin for many days (let's face it... weeks)

3 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Tapo RV20 Mop  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

When done mopping, I attempt to empty out the remaining water from the bin. But, because of the way the opening is situated, it is impossible to get all of the water out.

What's more, if I don't mop for a week (or weeks) all of that water/moisture is sitting in the bin. 

I can leave the bin unattached and the plug open, but I tried that and even after a day, there was still watter left in the bin.

I can't leave the bin plug open for longer, because then I can't attach the vacuum bin and use the device as a vaccum. I'm concerned that, as the water sits, organisms multiply and will eventualy gum-up whatever pumps out the water.

Regardless, what does tp-link advise customers do after mopping is complete? Should I add a bit of white vinegar to keep mold from growing?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Water sitting in bin for many days (let's face it... weeks)-Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@123456781 

You can adjust the water level to the maximum, allowing the vacuum cleaner to continue mopping to use up the remaining water in the tank.

Alternatively, after pouring out most of the water, you can take the tank outside to sunbathe, turning it upside down to evaporate the remaining water inside. Note: Please do not leave the tank outside for too long to avoid prolonged exposure, which could cause the casing to deform or become hard and brittle, increasing the risk of hardware damage.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Water sitting in bin for many days (let's face it... weeks)-Solution

@123456781 

You can adjust the water level to the maximum, allowing the vacuum cleaner to continue mopping to use up the remaining water in the tank.

Alternatively, after pouring out most of the water, you can take the tank outside to sunbathe, turning it upside down to evaporate the remaining water inside. Note: Please do not leave the tank outside for too long to avoid prolonged exposure, which could cause the casing to deform or become hard and brittle, increasing the risk of hardware damage.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Water sitting in bin for many days (let's face it... weeks)
2 weeks ago
Vlone
Options
Re:Water sitting in bin for many days (let's face it... weeks)

@Wayne-TP 

It would be nice if there was a feature in the robot to remain still, but expel all water, at the highest possible rate. 

Yes, the inside would remind damp, but it would help, and it be better than me violently shaking the water bin, over my sink. 

There could be a safety where the feature would only go for a certain number of seconds so that someone couldn't empty an entire bin of water by mistake. 

I know it's different technology, but I have in mind how apple expels water from the Apple Watch. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 108

Replies: 3

Related Articles