Frequent loss of internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Frequent loss of internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
41 Reply
Re:Frequent loss of internet connection
2018-01-04 22:08:46
My Sony bravia television(Android) experiences the most problems, often disconnects and the television doesnt want to connect anymore, reboot is required.After a reboot i have to reconnect manually to the deco, the strangest is that i then see 6 wireless spots.Im guessing the 3decos 2.4 and 5 GHz.Connecting My television to the guest Network give less problems btw.
Options
2018-01-08 02:07:53
I'm having similar issues with an Apple iPhone 8 and Amazon Fire TV 4k box.

The Amazon TV is fine when wired but fails or slows down dramatically over WiFi. The iPhone I'm finding has full WiFi strength but internet is either non-existent or extremely slow.

This seems to have happen in the last week.
Options
2018-01-10 21:33:01

stewartv wrote

Interestingly, Samsung today confirmed there are many users with wifi issues and that 'sometime' during the 1st qtr a new rollout will be available.
Strangely, it seemed that only EAS Exchange email and Google Play store were affected - and not just with Deco units but other standalone routers as well, including Draytek. There do not need to be 2 Samsung phones connected either.
Also of interest is that TP-Link say to connect to the Guest network... that also maybe suggests some sort of WPA issue?
I guess it is a question of wait and see?

That's the first time I've heard any say that Samsung have acknowledged fault in their firmware for this issue. Can you share any evidence you have to this effect?
Options
2018-01-11 04:36:42
I am interested in buying deco 5, in my house we use 3 iphones and 3 ipads. Disconnection problems is an isolated case or does it happen to all deco 5?
Options
2018-01-11 10:15:59

filzek wrote

Deco m5 are all crap, lost of money, I have ask for support a long time, no answer just excuses, really doesnt work, tplink need to recall that shit out of the market and call loss..

That is one person's opinion, obviously, but I'm very happy with my Deco system. My ISP has very specific IPv4/6 requirements that caused me problems at first, but all is running smoothly now. Very satisfied customer, and I thought the customer service via the Deco app was very helpful.
Options
2018-01-16 00:29:24

moulsonp wrote

That's the first time I've heard any say that Samsung have acknowledged fault in their firmware for this issue. Can you share any evidence you have to this effect?

I wish I could - I had an online chat with suppport due to frequent wifi disconnects and loss of internet when using DecoM5s and BT Homehubs, and when I asked at the end if I could have a transcript, they said it would be 'on file' for them to reference if needed so no need for me to have a copy. Maybe they realised what had been confirmed?
In hindsight, I just wish I had cut and pasted the chat window now....
Options
Causes or Cures Chaos? (GOOGLE+ ChromeCast Central ChromeCast: Cause or Cure Chaos?)
2018-01-16 11:48:07
Hi,

I was wondering if there are any fellow
ChromeCast Owners/Operators
can share their experiences?

I ask because here is the GOOGLE PR Announcement
Referencing: A PERFORMANCE DEGRADATION FIX today (1/18/2018)
For Owner's of GOOGLE networking products specifically:
Chromecasts and OnHub (TP-Link's: TGR-1900 & an ASUS variant).

Thank you,
LabRat

REFERENCE: [SIZE=3]GOOGLE+[/SIZE][SIZE=3]
[/SIZE]
[INDENT=3] [SIZE=3]ChromeCast Central [/SIZE][/INDENT]
[INDENT=3] ChromeCast: Causes or Cures Chaos?
[/INDENT]
Options
2018-01-20 20:53:19
Just sold this piece of cr@p sh1t. I contacted support and they told to put My modem into bridge mode.Its not possible to do that with My provider.Then they suggeted to put the decos into AP mode.Thats possible But the issues remain.Then they closed the ticket.
Options
2018-01-20 23:21:47
Are TP-Link in contact with Samsung about these issues?
Options
2018-01-21 01:55:49

stewartv wrote

Are TP-Link in contact with Samsung about these issues?
In my experience it also impacts Apple devices. Though you be even experienced issues with static devices too like Amazon Fire TV. If they would release firmware that told us what device connected where and the strength between nodes that would help.
Options