Frequent Loss of Internet on ALL Decos

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-27 11:25:51
Tags: #FrequentDisconnect
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.6

I have 2 M9 and 2 M5 all configured as access points and all wired to a switch there to my router. One of the M9 is the Main Deco. 

I have had this setup for over 1 year and never had issue, up until 2 weeks ago where all Decos get a RED light. I'm still able to access the Decos via the App, and they clearly read "No Internet".  Sometime the APp just clocks and says I need to connect to wifi other time im able to use the App and reboot all decos which ultimately fixes the problem. I do still have internet via wired devices (like TV, computer) during all this time. And I know that there is no issues with my router. 

I have done a firmware recovery on all of the following the instructions of TP Link tech support, but the problem is still there. 

any suggestions?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Frequent Loss of Internet on ALL Decos
2022-06-28 11:57:44

@jghie 

Hi, May I know the model number of your main router and the network switch?

Would it be possible to provide a picture of your network layout?

And how often would this issue repeat within one day?

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
Re:Frequent Loss of Internet on ALL Decos
2022-07-16 04:11:58

@David-TP 

I have a Netgear GS324 as my network Switch and a Home Hub 3000 (by Sagecom).  

Here's how the network is setup.

- Fiber connected directly to the Home Hub 3000 via an SFT ONT

- LAN port from the Modem connected to the GS324 (Gigabit)

- All DECOs connect via ethernet to the GS324

All cabling is Cat6, even jumbers from Patch pannel to Switch.

As for the frequency is very random.  I tried to isolate specfic times of day, events among other things and for the life of me, nothing is fixing the problem.

My internet is going down, many of my devices, home computer, work computer, TVs, are all wired with Ethernet and don't loose connectivity.  I do have a Mac that's connect Ethernet to one DECOs.  Deco is connected to the GS324 via ethernet as mentioned above, and the MAC is also wired to the 2nd ethernet port on that DECO.  When we loose internet on the DECOs that MAC also looses internet as well, as it's connected to the DECO.

I'm now always (usually) able to access the DECOs via the DECO APP, and I can clearly see all the decos, however all have are not connected to the internet.  I'm able to reboot all and that usually fixes the problem, until the next occurence.

Hoping this helps you.

Jad

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 397

Replies: 2

Tags

FrequentDisconnect
Related Articles