Strange freezing with C7 AC 1750, when my laptop leaves the network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-04-30 23:56:23
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I've got a number of Archer C7 AC 1750 wifi routers and am using them in two locations.

At one location, I've started having a very strange problem. The router freezes up around the same time every morning, around 8 am Pacific.It first happened and I went back home to reboot the router. But shortly thereafter it went offline again. The next day (Friday) same thing. I had my wife power cycle it but it never came fully back online. That evening, I got home and rebooted it and it came back online. I updated the firmware to the latest available, and it was good all weekend. I figured the firmware update fixed the problem.

But then last Monday morning, same issue. Then I realized that it is freezing every morning after I close up and disconnect my MacBook Pro laptop. I get an alert when my network stops responding to ping so I verified that this happens within about 5 minutes of the laptop leaving the network.

On one of the days I had the problem, I swapped out the router for a brand new one out of the box. Same issue.

At my work location, I've got the same router that does not have the issue, meaning, I pack up my Mac laptop at the end of the day and the router stays online just fine.

This is version 4 hardware. I have the Wifi radios turned off; just using it as a router, in both locations.

Anyone have any ideas about this?
Options
3 Reply
Re:Strange freezing with C7 AC 1750, when my laptop leaves the network
2018-05-03 09:13:57
How about if you take that laptop to your work location, does it cause the same issue?
Do you mean you connect your laptop to C7 via a cable?
How about change another ethernet port?
Try to update the OS of your laptop also.
Options
2018-05-04 18:07:39
No, it never does it at my work location.

I was connecting my laptop directly to the C7 vi Ethernet. The other things connected directly via Ethernet were another Mac and a switch. To determine of this was part of the problem I removed direct connections by computers to C7 and only had my switch directly connected; everything else went through the switch. That made no difference.

My laptop is running Macos Sierra; no I didn't try updating, but it does have all the latest patches.
Options
2019-12-20 11:48:59

@pcamen 

Did you found any solution to your problem?

This started to happen to also. The sympthoms: router starts to bacame horribly slow, when working at all. Rebooting, latest firmware etc. didn't help. It seems to freeze when some network elements are connected via LAN. But I was not able to figure out what causes the problem.

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 991

Replies: 3