Deco M5 Pi-Hole compatability

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 Pi-Hole compatability

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:Deco M5 Pi-Hole compatability
2021-07-14 02:05:57

@Poat I know this is an old thread, but I was having a similar issue: Pi-hole was running, but nothing was being blocked. While navigating through the menus of the Deco app, under Advanced, there's a line that says DHCP Server. If you go there, there's a second place (other than under IPv4) to enter your DNS server address. Once I cleared that line, my Pi-hole sprung to life!

Options
2021-12-23 06:38:36

@freema22 Thanks for updating this thread which makes it easier to follow. Can I ask if your pie is on LAN or WiFi? 

I have done the settings at two places you have mentioned but fails to connect after save. The whole Deco goes down . I have the below set up and think probably the pi and Deco going into loops. 

ISP modem (router turned off)-> Deco M5(main)-> Unmanaged Network switch -> Pi-hole 

Any thoughts?

Options
2021-12-24 01:37:49

@Gnans 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Normally, the Pi-Hole should be set up as the LAN DNS, such as:

How to use Pi-Hole DNS Server on TP-Link routers?

But it seemed like you had some problems after setting up Pi-hole as LAN DNS and the whole Deco went down.

Could you please help me check more details what happened after setting up, like:

Would the main Deco turn red?

--if yes, would there still be an IP address under Deco APP>More>Advanced>IPV4?

Have you set up any DHCP server function on the Pi-Hole?

Thank you very much.

Options